• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever fix the electric meter?

KB1176

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
433   0
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that the electric meter box was hanging off the side of the house. Looks like it was installed with one toggle bolt and one screw into the hardiplank.

The electric company told me it’s my problem but don’t ruin the meter as that’s their property.

Anyone ever reattach the box? I took off one side of the cover and there’s a 200 amp breaker. I didn’t go beyond that. The power lines are all the way on the bottom.

Anyone ever reattach one to the wall? I’ve seen online not to even try it, some seem to say it’s easy. I don’t want to pay an electrician if the dude is going to come here and put 2 anchors and screws in and it’s safe to do myself.

You could hypothetically just add more anchor sleeves in and then re-secure if there's enough play to put in a diff spot. Would def recommend getting some one to do it. Ain't nothin to play with if you're not familiar.

You could hypothetically just add more anchor sleeves in and then re-secure if there's enough play to put in a diff spot. Would def recommend getting some one to do it. Ain't nothin to play with if you're not familiar.
I could have the electric company shut the power off. They said they could do that from the street. If I went that route I can work without worrying. I just need to put 2 anchors and bolts in. I’m just not sure what’s behind that breaker and panel. It’s one screw and a little handle to lift it off.

I’ll probably get an electrician, just going to feel like an idiot if he works on it live and just puts 2 screws in.

I could have the electric company shut the power off. They said they could do that from the street. If I went that route I can work without worrying. I just need to put 2 anchors and bolts in. I’m just not sure what’s behind that breaker and panel. It’s one screw and a little handle to lift it off.

I’ll probably get an electrician, just going to feel like an idiot if he works on it live and just puts 2 screws in.
Take a picture. Is it fiber cement aka hardie siding?

see if there are any videos on youtube about it. they have all kinds of how to videos, but i would definitely make sure safety comes first.

Back
Top Bottom