arizona conceal carry permit updated with new details

arizona added a stipulation in the agreement with ohio, that ohio will not honor arizona non-resident permits in ohio, so you need both a arizona permit and arizona drivers license to have it honored there.

arizona is the only state ohio has this detail in the agreement for to my knowledge

Where does this information come from? The agreement between AZ and OH that is published on the Ohio Attorney General's website is the original 2004 agreement and contains no such stipulation.
http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...na-Concealed-Carry-Reciprocity-Agreement.aspx

Great thread here. For those of you who have acquired non-resident permits from other states, if you could post the cost and what states the permit is honored in, it would be a great help to those of us who are looking to get these permits.

i updated the list of states that honor and don't honor arizona non-resident plus geergia permit in the first post

Last edited:
I contacted the Ohio AG about the issue. The contact said that Arizona had inserted the language in the original agreement in 2004. Ohio doesn't care about resident or not which is why AZ is the only agreement they have that contains that language.

He said they have contacted AZ about it and now AZ doesn't care either. They are in the process of redoing the agreement to remove the resident permit requirement but the ball is in Arizona's court at this time. So he wasn't sure when a new agreement would be reached and signed.

I contacted the Ohio AG about the issue. The contact said that Arizona had inserted the language in the original agreement in 2004. Ohio doesn't care about resident or not which is why AZ is the only agreement they have that contains that language.

He said they have contacted AZ about it and now AZ doesn't care either. They are in the process of redoing the agreement to remove the resident permit requirement but the ball is in Arizona's court at this time. So he wasn't sure when a new agreement would be reached and signed.

so until this is fixed the cops can or cannot follow this stipulation, meaning you hope you get a fair cop up there if you are found armed. i prefer to have the written law in my favor when carrying leaving no chance of have a by the book cop arrest me and put me in fornt of a judge that hates guns

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom