• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATLANTA, for those that love it - WELL, YOU CAN HAVE IT!

I was of the second type. My previous job had me going from Macon to Duluth & Alpharetta pretty often. Loooong days of sitting in god awful traffic for almost as much time as I was actually spending in the office/job site. Leaving at 4:30AM just to be sure I got there by 8 regardless of traffic. Leaving any time after 3pm and still getting home after dark. But now I don't have to travel there for work anymore so I don't mind the occasional visit to go to a game, park, museum, etc. It's that M-F grind in traffic that almost killed me.
Yeah, that's crazy, man....not worth it. And the NE side of the metro, the traffic is even worse than it is over here in Cobb/Fulton area.

Most of the people who I worked there with that lived OTP just made a habit of working long hours because it made more sense than trying to leave on time and sit in traffic so long. They figured if they just worked a few extra more hours they'd still get home at the same time....
Yup. People that sit in traffic don't understand traffic. Leave late or leave early...never leave on time. Of course, these days my commute is 1.7 miles. Sometimes I even walk to work...only in the winter, though.

Yeah, that's crazy, man....not worth it. And the NE side of the metro, the traffic is even worse than it is over here in Cobb/Fulton area.

Yup. People that sit in traffic don't understand traffic. Leave late or leave early...never leave on time. Of course, these days my commute is 1.7 miles. Sometimes I even walk to work...only in the winter, though.
Daaam....I thought I was good at 3.3 miles.
If I was that close I'd just ride my 4 wheeler...lol
You better believe though that, if I ever wake up to a dam flat tire at 5 am....I'm ridin it...aint no way I'm changin a tire that early...LOL

LOL, see....that's where you F'ed up...you shoulda parked that shiii around back my dude.
10ue1r.jpg

When I first moved to Atlanta 35 years ago as a baby faced young man, I loved the Big City. But everyone warned me to be careful going outside 285 because once you leave Atlanta, you’re in Georgia. 🙄

Over the years I kept moving out further into Georgia and further away from Atlanta. Now I live in Gumlog Georgia…if I go any further away from Atlanta, I’ll be in South Carolina…now I don’t even like to head down to the “big city” of Commerce!

And today I warn people to be careful crossing over inside 285 because once you leave Georgia, you’re in Atlanta 😂

When I first moved to Atlanta 35 years ago as a baby faced young man, I loved the Big City. But everyone warned me to be careful going outside 285 because once you leave Atlanta, you’re in Georgia. 🙄

Over the years I kept moving out further into Georgia and further away from Atlanta. Now I live in Gumlog Georgia…if I go any further away from Atlanta, I’ll be in South Carolina…now I don’t even like to head down to the “big city” of Commerce!

And today I warn people to be careful crossing over inside 285 because once you leave Georgia, you’re in Atlanta 😂
I like pastoral countryside and I like urban cities but I hate the burbs.

Miles and miles of this **** is my version of hell on Earth:
8bee75b9-b17a-4a58-8f17-6d7857a03e09.jpg

Words Of Wisdom for current status. “ Do I need to come back down there again?”

Attachments

• 70A780AD-ADB2-4F1D-97F4-0895FC2178BB.jpeg
    70A780AD-ADB2-4F1D-97F4-0895FC2178BB.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom