Awesome dog

:doh: Just watched the second video and it's even worse. Notice how the dog's forward vision is almost completely block due to the need to look straight up and even slightly behind to keep track of the handler's movement.

Nice dance steps, but little to no practical use.

I had two of them, sisters from the same litter. Aside from being a service dog, the Malanois, aka Belgian shepherds, are if you let them, formidable hunters in their own right and work just like wolves in rounding up deer, etc and heading them your way. I do not hunt, so it is irrelevant to me. However, after I took them to the creek and started them on armadillos (the local hunters said it could not be done) we would average 4-5 every afternoon until they either moved on or were more or less eradicated. Both dogs died of old age and still, after 6 years, I see maybe 1 or two armadillos a year where before, you could go out with a flashlight and get 2-3 just in the yard.

PS: both girls although generally sweet, albeit protective in nature, carried a full 16oz can of whoop-ass that they could open up at the drop of a hat.

Back
Top Bottom