• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Awesome dog

Very well trained , but why do you want to straddle a dog in a combat situation? It's cumbersome enough with my big balls .

I think it's almost as much to let the dog read you as it is to keep the dogs threat centered on your focus. With the dog feeling both of your legs it's like riding a horse by leg pressure. The animal can sense your direction from pressure and direction of motion. As for the utility to the human, you can direct the dog to attack, guard your six(and if it is so trained) respond to threat and send the dog in any direction from center.

My dog is great on a leash with only a little over-eagerness to go faster than my pace and I work some with her using a shortened leash and the command "With me" but I would have to train MYSELF way more before I could ever even begin to train my dog to FEEL my commands much less be that attentive. Usually she IS attentive and responsive but she will range farther than I'd like(and this is MY fault, not hers). I got her 6 weeks ago and she is about 2 years old. And I told my wife that I could train her to walk at heel with time but my goal is for her to be a pet not a Concentration Camp guard dog. LOL.

Mine's bilingual...at least. Last week I surprised my wife by calling my dog in Russian. She actually jumped and looked at me. I explained to her that when the dog really only knows "Good girl", Bad Girl", Stay and come, it's more in tone and proximity than the words.

Now all THAT in the video is MUCH more complex and still mostly body language and physical signal reinforced by verbal command. Like THIS video:

You may notice that along with the tactile cues when he wants the dog to come to center he pats his ass and the dog runs to him. This stuff is great but I'm not operator. I may try to adopt some of it for getting my dog ready for spring when I plan on taking her on the trails but since she wouldn't actually bite anyone, the tactical would only be fore show. I just want more discipline on staying close and coming when called. Although I admit it cracks me up when she realizes how far away I am and bursts out of the bush at a dead lope, tongue flopping and ears bouncing. She's so damn funny.

She suckered me yesterday. She loves getting in the woods so I caught a deer trail and went in with her. I took lead and started running only to notice a few minutes later that she was casually paralleling me but up on the road while I fought the vines and saplings. Right then I realized that she and I may have a different idea of just who is walking whom. LOL.

Yeah, great idea if you need a personal crotch protector and want to get tripped up when you really need to be able to move. Ridiculous. LMAO!

A dog in a traditional heel at your side can do whatever this dog is supposed to be doing.

Back
Top Bottom