• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel Length for a Suppressed AR9

I think 4.5 is what I was going to use. Over 5" and I think you have a problem keeping ammo subsonic.
So factory cz scorpions and mpx does not keep 147gr subsonic? Was thinking of getting one eventually but if thats the case i wont waste the money.

So factory cz scorpions and mpx does not keep 147gr subsonic? Was thinking of getting one eventually but if thats the case i wont waste the money.

I haven't looking into them too much but from the research i've done some ammo will go supersonic, some might go transsonic out of a longer barrel. I guess it depends on the load. If I was to get an MPX, I'd get the shorter barrel, I think either 4.5 or 5". I think the Scorpions barrel is under 8" so you might have to run like 147gr HUSH or 158 subs to make sure it stays subsonic. You might get transsonic which is quiet but not as quiet as subsonic.

16" barrel and 147 Speer and I'm good. You can tell a huge difference between these and 115 gr. I think 4.5" keeps 115 subsonic if that is what you are asking.

Back
Top Bottom