• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best college QB seasons of all time...

Peyton Manning said Jemarcus Russell was the best looking QB he ever saw coming out of college, from his experience running one of those QB camps, and we all know how that turned out.

Ben Roethlisberger is probably the most clearly-dominant college QB I have seen but he definitely didn't have the best stats. Probably had a lot to do with where he played.

Peyton Manning said Jemarcus Russell was the best looking QB he ever saw coming out of college, from his experience running one of those QB camps, and we all know how that turned out.

Ben Roethlisberger is probably the most clearly-dominant college QB I have seen but he definitely didn't have the best stats. Probably had a lot to do with where he played.
I didn't hear Peyton's comment but Jamarcus was the STRONGEST QB ever. Maybe that's what he meant. He was also dumb as a rock and lazy. Not a productive combo.

If I had to put together a college football team right now my first pick as QB would be Stetson Bennett. Do I think he is the most talented, athletic, has the strongest arm, etc?
Nope.
Do I think he will be a leader in the huddle, make the right calls on the line of scrimmage, get the ball to the playmakers on time and come through with big plays when the game is on the line?
Yep.
Stetson has the “x” factor. The Tom Brady/Drew Brees factor...whatever you want to call it.
He is highly competitive, extremely football savvy, a natural leader and plays with just the right balance of cocky/humble. His offensive line, receivers, backs, etc all play better when he is on the field. Hell, even the defense plays hard to please him!
You take your fancy 6’4” pro style QB with pumped up stats...
I‘ll take Stetson and we will kick your ass all week lol.

If I had to put together a college football team right now my first pick as QB would be Stetson Bennett. Do I think he is the most talented, athletic, has the strongest arm, etc?
Nope.
Do I think he will be a leader in the huddle, make the right calls on the line of scrimmage, get the ball to the playmakers on time and come through with big plays when the game is on the line?
Yep.
Stetson has the “x” factor. The Tom Brady/Drew Brees factor...whatever you want to call it.
He is highly competitive, extremely football savvy, a natural leader and plays with just the right balance of cocky/humble. His offensive line, receivers, backs, etc all play better when he is on the field. Hell, even the defense plays hard to please him!
You take your fancy 6’4” pro style QB with pumped up stats...
I‘ll take Stetson and we will kick your ass all week lol.
All I want is to not panic when they line up and there's an empty back field. Burrow was the first guy I could remember in I don't know how long not making me nauseous in that situation.
I'll take smart decisions over super athlete any day.

That is a cute little list. Conference championships and Nat'l championship games should carry a little more weight I would think. When you have Vandy and Duke and GT QB's near the top of your list it sort of "cheapens" the whole process.
Ironic that you mention three of the Div 1 teams that do not lower their academic entrance requirements to accommodate athletes.

Maybe they do now.

Ironic that you mention three of the Div 1 teams that do not lower their academic entrance requirements to accommodate athletes.

Maybe they do now.
Well, you can have principles, or championships.
We know which is more important in the SEC. Alumni don’t contribute big for losers, regardless of GPA.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom