• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Invention since sliced bread

Well I only spent a total of about 35 bucks on this whole case trimming job. So compared to what I was doing it's a massive improvement. I'll slowly upgrade over time but for right now this is super fast and very efficient. I was cranking on that handle. I do maybe 10 or 15 cases then I'd have to take a 30 to 45 minute break just to get the feeling back in my arm. I use Hornady seating dies and full length sizing dies and all that so I'm not using all Lee stuff I just have a Lee press and a few Lee tools but most everything else has been upgraded to Hornady, Frankford Arsenal and a few other of the better pieces. But I have to give it to Lee they hit a home run on this one considering what little money you have to put out for it. I did learn my lesson about a Lee factory crimping die. That thing is a POS and there's no other way to explain that.
Interesting as the ONLY Lee tool I use is the FCD.

I used an RCBS hand crank trimmer for 30 years. I'll never get those days/weeks/years of trimming back. Buy once, cry once.

What I like most about my system is the set up time for each caliber is super fast. The Quick trim Tool that's in the drill is the same for all calibers. All I have to do is grab the caliber specific quick trim die when I am going from 6.8 to .233 is depress the detent button turn the die a 1/4;turn and take it out. Grab my new caliber die and drop it in the press make a 1/4 turn and it's locks when the indentation on the collar hits that detent button. Then then I am set up for a different caliber. There is no need to calibrate the machine to accommodate the caliber change. It's all built into the die and I am off to the races. Changing calibers is literally a 10 second ordeal.

What I like most about my system is the set up time for each caliber is super fast. The Quick trim Tool that's in the drill is the same for all calibers. All I have to do is grab the caliber specific quick trim die when I am going from 6.8 to .233 is depress the detent button turn the die a 1/4;turn and take it out. Grab my new caliber die and drop it in the press make a 1/4 turn and it's locks when the indentation on the collar hits that detent button. Then then I am set up for a different caliber. There is no need to calibrate the machine to accommodate the caliber change. It's all built into the die and I am off to the races. Changing calibers is literally a 10 second ordeal.
I run dedicated presses for the rounds I use the most and they never get touched. I have other presses that I will do changes over on, even though I don’t like doing them. But if I do a change over, I will run a good bit of them so it will last me a while. If it’s a round that I plan on running a good bit, then I will just buy another press for that caliber. I like getting done quickly:)

I run dedicated presses for the rounds I use the most and they never get touched. I have other presses that I will do changes over on, even though I don’t like doing them. But if I do a change over, I will run a good bit of them so it will last me a while. If it’s a round that I plan on running a good bit, then I will just buy another press for that caliber. I like getting done quickly:)
I just loaded 50 rounds of 6.8spc with 110 grain Sierra pro hunter rounds. I used the brass I ran with that Lee Deluxe quick trimmer. The projectile seated perfectly and there was no hiccups. Everything worked exactly like it should have. Usually after prep I have to trim and changed the inside and the outside after trimming. This does that all in one simple process. It eliminates a good deal of fiddling with each case. I'm going to start picking up on my reloading since I've got a quicker way of doing it.

I just loaded 50 rounds of 6.8spc with 110 grain Sierra pro hunter rounds. I used the brass I ran with that Lee Deluxe quick trimmer. The projectile seated perfectly and there was no hiccups. Everything worked exactly like it should have. Usually after prep I have to trim and changed the inside and the outside after trimming. This does that all in one simple process. It eliminates a good deal of fiddling with each case. I'm going to start picking up on my reloading since I've got a quicker way of doing it.
I’m glad you found a faster way, but it’s still way to slow for me. Keep at it.

got a short video of the setup in action? I've been using the FA prep setup, and some processes done on a Lee APP press but trimming is still the bane of my existence.

A little bit of my issue is I shoot a bunch of different calibers, so some of the automated setups can get expensive when you are looking at setting up for 4 or 5 main calibers...

You're gushing over a Lee tool? You'd orgasm if you tried a Giraud benchtop trimmer.
You are correct PALMETTOMOON, they are great 3 things knocked out at once, trimmed, beveled inside, beveled outside and done.... Doug makes some real good equipment...

Back
Top Bottom