• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Invention since sliced bread

Is this the Honey Badger trimmer? I've been looking at them just looking for a deal on a Bosch (they were down to $129 during christmas, I assumed they were always around that price).. I have a 550 and thought the HB or Titan might be worth looking into with a case feeder.
It is the Honey Badger set up, I have 3 of them set up. My last Bosch router I bought used for $60. I bought one Honey Badger adapter for it from Fast and Friendly brass. Then I made about 7 more adapters, instead of buying them. I have all the info on the if you have any questions.

for sure. There are two companies that make a trimming setup using the Bosch 1617evs router as the power head, and they make the parts to convert it into a trimmer using standard trim dies. Honey Badger and Titan Weapons. Was curious which system he was using and if he was happy with it.
It does great, once you get it dialed in. Thats why I have 3 complete units set up, so I don’t have to mess with them again.

It is the Honey Badger set up, I have 3 of them set up. My last Bosch router I bought used for $60. I bought one Honey Badger adapter for it from Fast and Friendly brass. Then I made about 7 more adapters, instead of buying them. I have all the info on the if you have any questions.
how hard would it be to make one? Not sure if you are a machinist by trade or if it's something your average joe can do. :)

I'm going to start making a 3d printed case feeder soon, so this might be something I would try as well! Already on the lookout for the routers, that will kickstart my process when I find one.

how hard would it be to make one? Not sure if you are a machinist by trade or if it's something your average joe can do. :)

I'm going to start making a 3d printed case feeder soon, so this might be something I would try as well! Already on the lookout for the routers, that will kickstart my process when I find one.
They are pretty easy to make if you have access to a good lathe, tooling and material to work with and the knowledge to use them. It would be much easier and cheaper to just buy an adapter for most people.

My buddy tried to 3D print a couple of adapter and they kept breaking on him. Printed parts are great for R&D work, but not practical for a lot of applications, especially on something that needs to be tight very ridged. He argued and argued with me about how it would work, till he tried it. Then he found out the printed parts were not strong enough. Just buy a metal one and be done with all the frustration from the printed ones. You will thank me.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions especially on the tooling part.

Back
Top Bottom