Big hornets

furious

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
261   0
Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of hornets this year. Most are normal size. A few are huge Asian hornets. I got one the other day with my long paint stick. I had it sitting there waiting on a carpenter bee but instead I heard this thing slowly hovering my way. I saw another one today , maybe even bigger.

Note: He's a bit contracted here because I just knocked the **** out of him. He was longer when flying and relaxed.
20230510_141754.jpg

I've been stung by wasp and yellow jackets but I don't want to know what that big bastard feels like.

20230510_141916.jpg
20230510_141841.jpg

I call them Japanese hornets. Very aggressive, usually nest in hollow trees. I’ve seen them attack for no reason other than being near there nest. If there is noise or vibration near they go nuts. I’d try to find nest and get rid of them especially if you have children.

I call them Japanese hornets. Very aggressive, usually nest in hollow trees. I’ve seen them attack for no reason other than being near there nest. If there is noise or vibration near they go nuts. I’d try to find nest and get rid of them especially if you have children.
That’s what I call them too. They’re ruthless

Back
Top Bottom