• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biker road rash aftermath

I picked up a nail in my back tire at 115. Bike went sideways at @ 100. I landed on my knee and shoulder, which went down to the bone. I bounced and flew about 6 inches off the pavement, feet first on my back. I even passed a couple of cars that way. When I touched down in the left hand lane, it was like landing on a large grinder. I rolled my self over to the median, to finish the slide and get out of traffic. When I stopped, I was wearing my shoes, half my watch, my belt, part of my helmet, and my underwear. I lost over 25% of my skin, the curve of my butt, and some bone from my right pinkie finger. They scrubbed me down with saline and gauze in the ambulance. I was wrapped in bandages from eyebrows to ankles. The first time they changed bandages they had to soak me in a jacuzzi to get them off. Since I was burned everywhere I wasn't skinned, they put on the silvadine cream. It felt nice and cool going on. Then it turned out I was allergic to it. It started to burn, just like someone had dipped me in gasoline. They couldn't give me any more pain meds. Feeling like I was being burned alive is an amazing feeling, it causes even the most macho to scream until they pass out. I was back up and riding 2 weeks later, the doctors were amazed.

I picked up a nail in my back tire at 115. Bike went sideways at @ 100. I landed on my knee and shoulder, which went down to the bone. I bounced and flew about 6 inches off the pavement, feet first on my back. I even passed a couple of cars that way. When I touched down in the left hand lane, it was like landing on a large grinder. I rolled my self over to the median, to finish the slide and get out of traffic. When I stopped, I was wearing my shoes, half my watch, my belt, part of my helmet, and my underwear. I lost over 25% of my skin, the curve of my butt, and some bone from my right pinkie finger. They scrubbed me down with saline and gauze in the ambulance. I was wrapped in bandages from eyebrows to ankles. The first time they changed bandages they had to soak me in a jacuzzi to get them off. Since I was burned everywhere I wasn't skinned, they put on the silvadine cream. It felt nice and cool going on. Then it turned out I was allergic to it. It started to burn, just like someone had dipped me in gasoline. They couldn't give me any more pain meds. Feeling like I was being burned alive is an amazing feeling, it causes even the most macho to scream until they pass out. I was back up and riding 2 weeks later, the doctors were amazed.
"Amazing Feeling" was Not my first or second thought haha . Glad you made it . It gives you a whole new perspective when riding in my experience. I quit riding for 10yrs after my 2nd wreck ; only cause my little girls (7&10 at the time) begged me to sell. Been back at it for a few yrs now though.

Dang, that's crazy

Back
Top Bottom