Votes: 16 16.2%
  • NO, I wont sign your copy or show you any type of ID

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • NO, Ill show ya ID though.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I like PIE!

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters
I dont understand when people say they dont want the government finding out there is paperwork. Um, when was the last time the government went through your files in your desk or safe?

Sorry, that comment was referring to why I prefer FTFs. I wasn't clear on that. The ATF gets a document sent to them when a firearm is bought from a FFL.

Personally, I'm not to worried about a 'gun grab' anytime soon. I worry about it for my grandkids though. I'll risk defending myself against someone that lied to me in a sale over letting privacy rights erode. It's not that I'm not thinking, I'm just thinking differently ;)

Sorry, that comment was referring to why I prefer FTFs. I wasn't clear on that. The ATF gets a document sent to them when a firearm is bought from a FFL.

Personally, I'm not to worried about a 'gun grab' anytime soon. I worry about it for my grandkids though. I'll risk defending myself against someone that lied to me in a sale over letting privacy rights erode. It's not that I'm not thinking, I'm just thinking differently ;)

No , your right. I just saw a few people comment about a so called "paper trail".

Paper trail: documents used to track or trace transactions or events. i.e. Bill of sale, receipt etc.

when was the last time the government went through your files in your desk or safe?

Not the issue. The NEXT time is the issue. Even if it would be the FIRST time, once is enough. Be prepared.

I didn't think that they did this. Seems like I read recently that if you buy over a certain number of guns at the same time that the FFL has to notify the ATF.

All the paper work you fill out at a FFL is kept by the shop owner. Eventually it gets to the ATF.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/
When an FFL discontinues business, the FFL must send their firearms transactions records to the National Tracing Center (NTC). The NTC receives an average of 1.2 million out-of-business records per month and is the only repository for these records within the United States

There is a push for gun registration. If that happens the gov could require that all records be sent in from dealers that are still in business.

Paper trail: documents used to track or trace transactions or events. i.e. Bill of sale, receipt etc.

Not the issue. The NEXT time is the issue. Even if it would be the FIRST time, once is enough. Be prepared.

The government has more important things to look at other then some bill of sale. If anything they will come in to find gold or weapons themselves. Not some paperwork. Just my opinion, in this day in age... you never know.

Back
Top Bottom