• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BOLO- Where are the Stripers?

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Body of Water: Carters

Report Title: BOLO- Where are the Stripers?

Date Fished: 11-3-2013

Water Temperature: 66 degrees

Water Clarity: Clear, but a lot of trash floating in the lake

Weather Conditions: Sunny, slightly windy

Report: Went fishing with z3 again today and did ok, same pattern as the last few times I've been out. We found one good school early in the morning and then never found another stripe or hybrid. The school we found was back in a main creek and really just got lucky with finding them. Haven't been able to find anything on the graph while trolling around. (and we searched for a while!)

The fish we did catch were pretty deep, 50 ft+ in 60-80 feet of water.

Also missed at least 4 fish due to a change in flourocarbon. I decided to up my leader from 10lb to 12lb and all the 12 I had was vanish. That stuff is total garbage. If you like vanish there is a whole spool at the bottom of the lake :D

The Sufix 10lb is stronger than the vanish 12lb by far, have never had breaks with the sufix like I did with vanish today.

Here are some crappy pictures:

Pictures:
1383510258_0.JPG

1383510258_1.JPG

1383510258_2.JPG

Man that looks cold. I am a fair weather fisherman for sure. Going today to try and catch some spots. I will let you know how it goes.

Middle of April...They go up the creeks onto sandy shoals and spawn. By next week, I imagine you can fill that boat slap up with white bass, hybrids and stripers up around knoxx bridge on alatoona....though you might want to take a smaller boat :) Shad is my bait of choice when they are spawning.

Last weekend i caught a whole bunch of little strippers on a river channel leading from the mountians into lake weiss over in bama last weekend. sure would of liked to hook one of those monster though.

Last weekend i caught a whole bunch of little strippers on a river channel leading from the mountians into lake weiss over in bama last weekend. sure would of liked to hook one of those monster though.

Are you sure they were stripers? Could they have been white bass?

If the stripes are broken, they are hybrids (white bass x striper) Good fish but smaller than pure striper.

And if they are consistently small with solid lines they are White Bass. Very aggressive and typically run in big schools. If you find them you have found some of the best light and ultra light action in the world.

White bass/Hybrid/Striper fishing....only thing more fun to run across on any lake is a sinking pontoon full of hot drunk chicks.

Back
Top Bottom