• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning O/U vs Beretta O/U aka Over Under Chat

I had a Beretta Silver Pigeon in 20 gauge. It was so light you would have thought it was made out of Styrofoam. It was truly a work of art and a ingenious design. One of the worst moves in my life was to sell that gun it was truly one hell of a gun. As well made and as balanced as they come from a production gun.l
SP1 was the first o/u I ever shot . Very light. Super nice .

Gonna try and hit Tom Lowe tomorrow or Sunday .
Hope it's more sporting clay shooter friendly than the last few times I went. Guy running it only gave 10 or 15% for show pairs and breakage. First 3 stands ate up our extras on just breakage. Next several times I went back I told him and he blew me off. I was extremely disappointed. Nearly everywhere I shoot gives around 30%. I'm fine with not having show pairs, I like the challenge. But the non stop breakage and throwers not working and then dealing with an arrogant prick at the counter is pretty annoying.

Hope it's more sporting clay shooter friendly than the last few times I went. Guy running it only gave 10 or 15% for show pairs and breakage. First 3 stands ate up our extras on just breakage. Next several times I went back I told him and he blew me off. I was extremely disappointed. Nearly everywhere I shoot gives around 30%. I'm fine with not having show pairs, I like the challenge. But the non stop breakage and throwers not working and then dealing with an arrogant prick at the counter is pretty annoying.
Im there to shoot skeet. That’s it.

Question for the members. Do any of you shoot/own the real nice stuff? K-80? Perazzzi? Kolar? I have been looking at Coles and Joel Etchen and then watching you tube videos on the different types of models. Wow. There is a world of fine shotguns that blows my mind. Just amazing.

Question for the members. Do any of you shoot/own the real nice stuff? K-80? Perazzzi? Kolar? I have been looking at Coles and Joel Etchen and then watching you tube videos on the different types of models. Wow. There is a world of fine shotguns that blows my mind. Just amazing.
I shot SC for years with a buddy with custom K32 and K80. He had multiple barrels, upgraded wood, etc. Extremely nice and extremely $$.

When I shoot SC at Hudson Plantation I peek into their $$$ room but do not stay long and get back into the $ shotgun area.

My first O/U was a 687 SP2 sporting I bought in 2001. Used the old Mobil choke system.

Bought an A400 with kick off in 2014 and it helped quite a bit with recoil. Still own this one - great gun and have 15k rounds through it. I often lend this one to new shooters/guests who are just getting started.

Moved up to a 694 (bought from Etchen) when it came out and opted for the b-fast adjustable stock. First gun I had fitted. Wonderful shooter and very little felt recoil once fitted. A bonus is the long forcing cones which help with better patterns and less felt recoil.

Then I went shopping for my end all/be all O/U. I looked at Perazzi, Kolar and Krieghoff….but ended up with the engraved version of the Beretta DT11. Had it fitted, and shoots amazingly well.

CAD39D60-F548-416F-9D5B-536F1674D316.jpeg

Thank you.

My scores went from averaging ~75 to high 80s. Best I ever shot was a 91.

But, I shoot more now and have a pair of Decots to help with vision. I could probably achieve similar results with the A400 or 694…but love this DT. I also find that shooting better ammo helps too with consistency and harder hits.

Back
Top Bottom