• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning O/U vs Beretta O/U aka Over Under Chat

My first O/U was a 687 SP2 sporting I bought in 2001. Used the old Mobil choke system.

Bought an A400 with kick off in 2014 and it helped quite a bit with recoil. Still own this one - great gun and have 15k rounds through it. I often lend this one to new shooters/guests who are just getting started.

Moved up to a 694 (bought from Etchen) when it came out and opted for the b-fast adjustable stock. First gun I had fitted. Wonderful shooter and very little felt recoil once fitted. A bonus is the long forcing cones which help with better patterns and less felt recoil.

Then I went shopping for my end all/be all O/U. I looked at Perazzi, Kolar and Krieghoff….but ended up with the engraved version of the Beretta DT11. Had it fitted, and shoots amazingly well.

View attachment 5521174

One more pic…

Dang Brother. It's BEAUTIFUL.

uP UnTiL NOW, my 686 has always suited me. Might have to start saving fer a new one. :doh:

I shot SC for years with a buddy with custom K32 and K80. He had multiple barrels, upgraded wood, etc. Extremely nice and extremely $$.

When I shoot SC at Hudson Plantation I peek into their $$$ room but do not stay long and get back into the $ shotgun area.
My buddy with the Kreighoff - best shooting he ever did was with Rem 1100. I reminded him of that all the time!

This is going to be a different tangent. The Browning and Beretta are fine weapons. Now two fundamental things. First, fit is very important. Shop around and try several different models to see what fits your body the best. Also see what features you want on one. Second, make your gun pattern the best that it can. I've taken a cheap gun and made it where I can break a clay every time. Now that said, screw in chokes are your friend. So the gun you pick that already has a good choke system helps. If not you'll probably need to buy one. These weapons you're looking at will come with a good system. Briley chokes are a great system. By trying different combinations of ammo and chokes you'll figure out the best combo. Also to note is selecting a weapon that will be comfortable to shoot and carry. So finding just the right weight ratio will be paramount.
I don't quite shoot a shotgun like your supposed to, but at least the results are effective. By buying the Browning or Beretta, you'll have a beautiful gun that will preform well for years to come. But make it preform at its best. And that goes for any weapon

This is going to be a different tangent. The Browning and Beretta are fine weapons. Now two fundamental things. First, fit is very important. Shop around and try several different models to see what fits your body the best. Also see what features you want on one. Second, make your gun pattern the best that it can. I've taken a cheap gun and made it where I can break a clay every time. Now that said, screw in chokes are your friend. So the gun you pick that already has a good choke system helps. If not you'll probably need to buy one. These weapons you're looking at will come with a good system. Briley chokes are a great system. By trying different combinations of ammo and chokes you'll figure out the best combo. Also to note is selecting a weapon that will be comfortable to shoot and carry. So finding just the right weight ratio will be paramount.
I don't quite shoot a shotgun like your supposed to, but at least the results are effective. By buying the Browning or Beretta, you'll have a beautiful gun that will preform well for years to come. But make it preform at its best. And that goes for any weapon
Fantastic insight, I appreciate you taking the time to write this .

This is how it progresses.:cool:
Last year you thought a good used Silver Pigeon or Citori were too much and now you are looking at mid level and higher end target models. :D
As you go along you have your eyes opened by being out there and learning from others . It’s a really neat sport to be apart of .

Back
Top Bottom