• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning O/U vs Beretta O/U aka Over Under Chat

I skimmed the thread a bit because I also have the same question, but I was wondering if there is a place I could go and rent out a browning CX or CXS and a silver pigeon 1 sporting? I'm just getting into clays and looking to buy my first O/U. I was able to put about 8 shots through a silver pigeon sporting and liked it but I have never handled a browning of any type.

is there a Browning Database of serial numbers ? Seems like we have lots of people selling Citoris from years gone by with little info on date of manufacture. ( In the M1 Garand world this is easy to locate by serial number)

Date of manufacture for a Browning Citori is readily available from the serial number.
The challenge is determining the exact type of Citori as there is a significant difference in value depending on the type.
Those made from 1976 to 1998 had the type of Citori as part of the serial number.
Beginning in 1999, Browning changed the "type" in the serial number to 131 so you have to be aware of other clues to determine the type.

Compare it to buying an F150 truck which Ford has manufactured for decades. Would you pay the same price for a base model XL as you would an XLT or Platinum Edition?

I skimmed the thread a bit because I also have the same question, but I was wondering if there is a place I could go and rent out a browning CX or CXS and a silver pigeon 1 sporting? I'm just getting into clays and looking to buy my first O/U. I was able to put about 8 shots through a silver pigeon sporting and liked it but I have never handled a browning of any type.
Def try to find some different Browning’s to shoot. Everyone is built differently, and in return they all fit a little differently. I’m 6’1” and 215lbs and the heavier browning models seem to feel good to me. This is all very subjective though! Also, you can learn to shoot any high end gun well!!

Was in Scotland last week . Found myself at a local club shooting skeet and a bit of sporting . Got to shoot a beater beretta skeet over under and a real nice DT -11 sporting . That’s a nice shotgun. My son got some excellent instruction. Worked on hands , feet , hips , swing. Instructor told me to slow down and take a moment before calling for the bird .

Attachments

• 70688504058__79CC0AAA-D7A8-4F24-9EB3-F2CAF8FE964E.jpeg
    70688504058__79CC0AAA-D7A8-4F24-9EB3-F2CAF8FE964E.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 7
Was at Garland today. Was shooting with a buddy. I dont know what was going on but man there were a TON of high end guns today, Lots of Kreighoffs and really nicely figured O/U's looked upon from afar. The One Krieghoff I asked the owner about was a 32" sporting model, Amazing wood, adjustable comb and fancy extended chokes. What a nice gun.

Back
Top Bottom