• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brunswick Stew

Never, unless it for a quick chili dog. And even then, it is iffy!!
Next time you make a big pot of chili, take a muffin pan and fill it up. Cover with a piece of wax paper, flash freeze(maybe an hour), then dump em in a freezer bag, remove air and back in the freezer.
Makes perfect chilli dog portions and since you flash froze first they don't stick to each other so much.:tea:

Next time you make a big pot of chili, take a muffin pan and fill it up. Cover with a piece of wax paper, flash freeze(maybe an hour), then dump em in a freezer bag, remove air and back in the freezer.
Makes perfect chilli dog portions and since you flash froze first they don't stick to each other so much.:tea:

I actually have left overs from a pot that I made Sunday night. I will do this, right now!!

B53F8F6B-69F8-4B2B-B3DF-3046470486EE.jpeg

Wild pig, waiting on the chicken to finish on BGE.
Potatoes, no sugar or beans.
I think there has been a war fought over how to cook Brunswick stew.

Here is a recipe I use. It is from 1826 and makes about 3 Gallons. And yes, I skip the sugar.

View attachment 1988360

That looks like a good recipe, and an original version may have come 1826, but I'm pretty certain "Louisiana Hot Sauce" and Worcestershire Sauce weren't around then.

I'm going to try that BBQ sauce recipe.

The use of "catsup" ( instead of "ketchup") in the BBQ recipe points to the turn of the 20th century.

That looks like a good recipe, and an original version may have come 1826, but I'm pretty certain "Louisiana Hot Sauce" and Worcestershire Sauce weren't around then.

I'm going to try that BBQ sauce recipe.

The use of "catsup" ( instead of "ketchup") in the BBQ recipe points to the turn of the 20th century.

This is a recipe published by UGA, and it is the best I have ever tasted. Labor intensive, it basically takes two days to prepare.
Brunswick stew is a traditional dish served at southern barbecues. It is a favorite because of the flavor combination of chicken, beef and pork. The dish is long on flavor and short on leftovers.
1 hen (6 pounds) chicken
1 Boston Butt (6 pounds) lean pork
1 roast (6 pounds) beef chuck
15 cups (120 oz.) canned tomatoes
1 cup (8 oz.) tomato paste
4 cups (32 oz.) cream style corn
2 cups (16 oz.) whole kernel corn
4 cups (2) large onions, diced
1 oz. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. (½ oz.) butter
8 Tbsp. (4 oz.) salt
4 Tbsp. (1 oz.) black pepper
4 Tbsp. (2 oz.) vinegar or lemon juice
Place meat in a large kettle, add a small amount of water and cook until meat comes off the bone easily. Remove meat and debone. Strain broth through a cloth and return it to the kettle. Grind meat through a ¼-inch plate or chop into small pieces by hand. Add meat, tomatoes, corn and other ingredients. Cook on low heat for 45 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Cool, then package in freezer containers and freeze. To retain a comparable flavor, do not reduce

The recipe comes from this pamphlet which I used a resource for many, many large BBQ. Has all the info you will even need on quantities, portion control, and recipes.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...f?sequence=1&usg=AOvVaw35Uqjafr-1FrfKVTwlXjOL

Back
Top Bottom