• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bull Barrel .22 ?

A properly squared action bolt with proper headspace also increases accuracy. I always work.the action bolt and trigger group then check out the capability of the existing barrel first. If we are talking 10/22 then you also need to time the extractor to the extractor slot in the barrel and tighten the v-block properly to the correct tourqe. Then check for accuracy. If your not happy then, its barrel replacement time.
Note that in order to get the most out of a 22LR, you will need to sort your ammo in groups with a rim thickness gauge.
If you shoot all the ammo that measures 3-4 together and the ones that are 5-6 together, you will reduce flyers tremendously.
Anything that measures 1-2 or 7-9 on the rim thikness go back in a box and use those to kill dirt banks, cans, break in rounds or give to the kids

A properly squared action bolt with proper headspace also increases accuracy. I always work.the action bolt and trigger group then check out the capability of the existing barrel first. If we are talking 10/22 then you also need to time the extractor slot with the barrel and tighten the v-block properly to the correct tourqe. Then check for accuracy. If your not happy then, its barrel replacement time.
Note that in order to get the most out of a 22LR, you will need to sort your ammo in groups with a rim thickness gauge.
If you shoot all the ammo that measures 3-4 together and the ones that are 5-6 together, you will reduce flyers tremendously.
Anything that measures 1-2 or 7-9 on the rim thikness go back in a box and use those to kill dirt banks, cans, break in rounds or give to the kids
Im probably going to get a 10/22 with heavy barrel then decide on what stock to slap on it.

In most semi auto, especially a 10/22, you are wasting money doing the barrel first.
Action bolt rework or replacement, trigger job or replacement and make sure the extractor is in timing and proper v-block alignment and tourqe. I torque my v-block to 5 inch pounds(not foot pounds). Most are way too tight from the factory.
The barrel is the last thing I replace.

was going to buy it already together. Im better off assembling it?
Kidd or Magnum Research?
If you buy a Tony Kidd 10/22 you will not need to do anything other than buy good ammo and sort with a rim thickness gauge. He is hands down, best out there.
Ive had hit or miss experience with magnum research and always had to tinker with it to satisfy me.

Back
Top Bottom