• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bullpup chassis for Hi Point carbine?

May be a bit. Looks like they may be shipping pre-orders, but I didn't see any place to actually order one from their web site.

I missed my first chance months ago, but here it is at last. This is the 4595 version in OD green. Still have to do a range report, but it feels very solid. HTA really took their time and put forth the effort to produce a quality piece. My opinion on the trigger may differ from others. I have an MCARBO aftermarket trigger spring and did some polish work to sear parts. It feels great for a bullpup, but will give more details after shooting. I think this bullpup is well worth the price. It balances the weight, more compact, m-lok features, and they are working on hi-cap mags(Redball Sports already has some too). Don't hesitate to buy.

Andy at High Tower Armory has had the best customer service I ever had to deal with(2nd to none). Answered all my questions through email and answered all questions through facebook and Hi-Point forum. Def wanna thank him and the team at HTA. They made an ok duckling into a harpy eagle.

Range reports coming. Oh yeah, def gotta get the BUIS.

20181216_002403_HDR.jpg
20181216_002511_HDR.jpg

Looks great and I want one, just hate the fact that it costs more than the gun!

What mags does it use and what capacity?

Definately post up a range report after you shoot it please. The stock gun is one of my favorite shooters at the range.

Definately post up a range report after you shoot it please. The stock gun is one of my favorite shooters at the range.
Same mags as a regular Hipoint. 10 round factory, the super long single stack aftermarket ones are 20 rounds I believe. I kinda wish they had one that went to double stack after the magwell

Agree, wish it was cheaper, but may take the plunge anyway. Or, I can wait and get one on ODT for $1200!

Well Necrosis pretty much answered that. Some people even say the newer 14/15 rd promags work too along with all stock and all Redball Sports 20 rd mags. Now here is the interesting part. HTA told us early on that if they sold enough units, they would develop their own double stack mags. They kept the magwell wide for future use and down the line you may be able to remove a piece from inside magwell that will clear up space for HTA mags. Hi Points design makes it difficult to produce a double stack mag, but Andy at HTA said to keep on the lookout on their facebook page for potential mags and other projects. If I hear anything, will post it here.

Went to the range and this bullpup feels great. My red dot had some issues so I couldn't shoot as many rounds as I wanted. I did test out all mags and they worked fine, other than one FTF with the 14 rd promag. It's hard to compare to stock since I never shot it in stock mode, but just holding it feels way better with balance and shorter length. Recoil buffer def makes it a soft shooter. It has an HK style charging handle with the slap feature, but it really has no use since you have to pull all the way back on handle to load round. The bolt action does push the bolt back far enough on every shot though.

Now, the only thing I could maybe complain about is the trigger. It's not terrible, but it's a bullpup so it's expected. Actually feels good for a bullpup(not competing with a CMC here lol). I might do some more polishing and maybe purchase an aftermarket sear, but for now it's cool. Def have to put some more rounds down range to test out durability and function, but I say just buy it cause I love it. I didn't pay full price, but it's def worth it(Quality pays for itself). People have already made aftermarket parts and that will just grow.

Will keep you guys posted. Later

Trigger pull is important to me.
Not that it would be that important DURING a deadly force encounter on my property (the role of a carbine to a guy like me), but a heavy, gritty trigger makes the gun NOT FUN to practice with. It would make me NOT use it in action shooting matches, 3-gun competitions, etc.
So, any defensive carbine or bullpup I'd be interested has to have a decent trigger. Not benchrest rifle good, not even National Match M1 Garand / M1A/ AR15 good, but just "good" by hunting rifle standards.

Trigger pull is important to me.
Not that it would be that important DURING a deadly force encounter on my property (the role of a carbine to a guy like me), but a heavy, gritty trigger makes the gun NOT FUN to practice with. It would make me NOT use it in action shooting matches, 3-gun competitions, etc.
So, any defensive carbine or bullpup I'd be interested has to have a decent trigger. Not benchrest rifle good, not even National Match M1 Garand / M1A/ AR15 good, but just "good" by hunting rifle standards.
Oh, the trigger is good and it's not heavy. It's just different. I shot it right after shooting my AR with a CMC trigger so it stood out, but I still need more time to get used to it. You have prob shot way more then me so you just gotta test it out first. I let another person at the range shoot it and they liked it. Also paid cheaper for it so the benefits outweigh the minor imperfections. Come on now, it's a Hi Point not a PPQ. Haven't seen a bad review yet too. Just try it first before you make a conclusion, right.

Back
Top Bottom