• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying in another state?

Ok, so provided the LGS in Florida is good with it, the seller (resident of Florida) can give the shotgun to said FFL in Florida and then the FFL in Florida can legally transfer the shotgun to the buyer (resident of Georgia) and everybody can go home happy and legal?
Absolutely. Provided the FFL is willing. But if there is a waiting period in Florida it would apply to you as well. I know there is but not sure if it is only for handguns or for all firearms.

It is perfectly legal for me acquire firearms from people from any state. It is also perfectly legal for me to transfer a long gun to a resident of another state. In that case, you as an individual didn't transfer directly to a resident of another state. You transferred it to me and I transferred to the resident of

A footnote to this.

When the FFL transfers a long gun to a resident of another state, the FFL is responsible for complying with all local laws of the purchaser's state. As states pass more limits on the number of guns and such other regulations, LGS will become more reluctant to engage in such transactions as a matter of business, rather than regulation.

For some states want to limit purchases to one gun a month. The LGS in Georgia would be responsible for knowing what the state's regulation is.

Of course, the next level of discussion is what limits a state can put on it's residents legal activities in another state.

A footnote to this.

When the FFL transfers a long gun to a resident of another state, the FFL is responsible for complying with all local laws of the purchaser's state. As states pass more limits on the number of guns and such other regulations, LGS will become more reluctant to engage in such transactions as a matter of business, rather than regulation.

For some states want to limit purchases to one gun a month. The LGS in Georgia would be responsible for knowing what the state's regulation is.

Of course, the next level of discussion is what limits a state can put on it's residents legal activities in another state.
And the discussion of how much regulation can a state put on something that is guaranteed by the constitution and regulated by the federal gummint.

Back
Top Bottom