• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

can i have a gun in illinois?

Kdenton2448

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
Ok im going to working in.chicago for about 13 weeks i know that my carry license does not reciprocate but was just wondering if i could have my firearm in my hotel room with me just in case?
any info would be appreciated
thanks, Kyle

doubtfull

but it is illinois, they seem to be a fan of crime so do whatever you like (kidding)

i would check packing.org honestly, a place like that is screwy as hell and packing.org will have the most recent info you could want

Ok im going to working in.chicago for about 13 weeks i know that my carry license does not reciprocate but was just wondering if i could have my firearm in my hotel room with me just in case?
any info would be appreciated
thanks, Kyle

Kyle,

Yes, basically you're on your own there. Being from that area I'm pretty familiar with most parts of the city. Where are you working/staying?

I just moved from there about 2 years ago. You are not allowed to bring one into the city. If a resident, you must apply for a permit/training/blah blah blah.

I lived in Lincoln Park for 8 years and possessed an arsenal in my house. But, I'm a complete scofflaw. I never thought about carrying a gun while living there and working downtown. In Macon, I carry one to the mailbox (i.e. EVERYWHERE).

Back
Top Bottom