• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

can we have a talk about pain management?

Constant pain , mines neuropathic I too have tried every legal remeadies but nothing helps. VA says not their problem, civy DR are useless... I'm about to find a "Street Pharmacist".
Mayo Clinic
Pain Rehab (Not Drug)
Central Sensitization Syndrome
Your Nervous System is Fried. Your body is stuck in pain mode.
*** I am at the end of the line myself, I have had over 100 medical tests since 11/9/22 - I am 100% disabled ***
I have lost my career, my home, etc…. almost everything.
This is the only hope I have found - I will be there for a minimum of 3 weeks - it is going to cost at least 50k out of pocket. We will be bankrupt by the end of this year. If I can get any of my life back it will be priceless. Example:
*** To go more than say 150ft I require a wheel chair or I will collapse from debilitating neurological pain that actually starts shutting my pulmonary system OFF after my legs “disappear”*** Ain’t no pill or herb for that - I have to find a new way. Everything is on the line.

Why is it that nowadays it’s imposssible to get properly treated for pain management, especially if you’re a male?

i broke my back and didn’t get anything pain relief for the first 6 days i was in the hospital. and i had surgery on the 5th.

first 3 days were spent PTing on the shattered vertebrae

then the doc saying that’s probably making it worse

thus undergoing 10+ hour long surgery to put in plate on new vertebrae with screws and a metal encasing around the new vertebrae

one extra day of suffering because idk **** me i guess

finally they put in a pump machine where a button pumps medication into your system which was needed way before the surgery and especially after.

it’s a shame that you are looked at as a junkie criminal trying to score drugs if you so much as ask for anything more than a tynenol. the doctors are scared to prescribe. the DEA makes it hard for anyone to write pain medicine prescriptions.

my gf has a coworker that has reoccurring spinal tumors that need operating on. her pain doctor has her on…tramadol(basicallly a tiny step above tylenol)

Something has to change with all this government overreach. this is unacceptable why aren’t we talking about this issue at all? or why the DEA is telling pill manaufacturers to slow down production on both ADHD and Pain medications ?

the AFT isn’t the only ones overstepping their legal boundaries, the DEA is not made up of doctors. they have no business making medical decisions or enforcing anything to do with prescriptions.
Damn this sounds familiar. No sense in even going. Its barbaric. The days of having a private doctor that actually cares about you are about gone. The big caregivers have basically forbid prescribing pain relief. Emergency room?? Pain Dr.? Waste of money Lol I guess it’s mostly to do with the gov waving their licenses under their noses.
Now they camp in Dr. offices and pharmacies while phentanyl pours over the border. Public for the most part is on board. Save us please .gov.
Certain groups and people get pain relief. It works alot like everything else these days.

My small town ,old school dr had me on 3 pills a day ( one for blood pressure) in the mid 90’s for chronic pain from arthritis in lower back, hands, legs, knees (flooring installer) I managed ok when he retired my new “modern” dr changed everything all of a sudden I was taking multiple pills with s##ty results they recommended “pain management” who called to tell me to bring 350$ and I asked about using weed they said no so I cancelled (350$ was a lot back then & weed was my crutch) next was physical therapy I was told they would teach me how to live with it, that’s what I’d been doing for years by now ,when I asked to put back on my old meds they told me flat out that the DEA was keeping tabs on that and they were scared to do it but didn’t bother me as I always took it according to the instructions so l told them I’ll get what I need on the street and I felt they were perpetrating the illegal drug trade but it didn’t matter as long as it wasn’t on their hands. I’m now on disability from other health problems (cancer & heart surgery) and I take a handful of pills morning & night I don’t know what works and what doesn’t l only know l hurt all the damn time!

Fentanyl from china makes street drugs too risky nowadays!

Fentanyl from China would be a relief compared to the bullshtuff that todays docs give you for pain relief. It is a freaking joke ! It’s cruel and unreasonable punishment to allow someone to suffer so damned much they are ready to just about kill themselves ! Docs can’t/won’t do anything about it and govt doesnot care and won’t allow anything to be done. Is it no wonder that our society is flooded with this illegal drug crap ?? They damned sure don’t allow the people that legitimately need it to get it legally !!

why do a few bad apples have to mean that normal people have to suffer? that makes no sense? not trying to imply this is your line of thinking but where is the logic behind that
my pain meds were cut in half because pill shoppers and pain management offices were giving them out like candy. 180 Lortabs 7.5/325 a month for a waitress with bad feet? Normal people take that many a month? But weed is the answer huh?

Back
Top Bottom