• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cheapest semi auto defensive carbine

The Russian

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
88   0
Reaction score
I've all but sold off most of the guns I had to cover various bills and expenses over the last 3 months. I feel like this has kind of left me in a vulnerable position. What is the least expensive route to go for a semi auto rifle for HD or fun range use? I am looking to spend $450-550 total for a rifle and almost no extras, maybe a spare mag and box of ammo. I'm willing to wait another month or two for prices to fall even more.

MP15-22-courtesy-smith-wesson.com_.jpg
M&P 15-22 or similar.

Most don't consider a .22 to be a "defensive carbine" but in that price range I'll take a high capacity, reliable .22 over an 8 pound club any day.

Yeap, those hi point carbines aren't too shabby. A friend of mine has one in a 45 that was right around 300 bucks if I'm not mistaken and despite the quality of the materials used - it shoots right on and packs a hell of a punch and you can "defend" yourself accurately at 40-50 yrds with a 45!

I recently sold a CX4 on here for $800 if you can hold out for a little while. By far one of the best pistol caliber carbines on the market!

Back
Top Bottom