• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cheapest semi auto defensive carbine

SKS deff the route u should take fun to shoot and very reliable I recommend getting a un moded version (better reliability) if u want the higher mag capacity they make kits and they arent much but be careful they werent designed to take the extended mags so if u dont do it right or use the right mags ull jam alot!

I have a HiPoint 995TS and I love it...but I'm not sure I'd trust my life to it. I would go the SKS route or get a Marlin 336 in either 30-30 or .35. If you could find a Marlin 1894 in .357 or .44 in your price range, that would be even better. Higher capacity and you can eventually get a wheel gun to match. I know you said semi-auto, but don't overlook the lever-gun's defensive capability.

You could get an AR build kit from Palmetto State & a lower receiver from a local dealer or here on the Trader and spend around $650; I know it's more than your posted budget but that's the direction I would go in if I was in your position.

If you have a G19 already and you aren't in a hurry, you should get a kel-tec sub 2000. smaller and lighter than the hi-point carbine, but if you look hard, you can find a model that will shoot g19 mags. or at the very least it is pretty easy to find one that uses g17 mags and you can still use those in your g19 as well. plus, they fold up, fit in a backpack. I love mine. i have g17 version because i have a 17 and a 26. My father, who is very hard to impress with guns, loves it too. shoots like a dream and is very basic. they were going for 400-450 before all the nonsense started. but Kel-tec keeps turning them out, so prices are bound to come back down. gunshows would be best bet right now i think.

so, portability, low cost, upgradeable with rails and whatnot if you like in the future, low cost ammo, mag commonality with your pistol, easy to get mags for it if you want more and 30 round mags available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom