• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cheapest semi auto defensive carbine

I forgot about the Sub 2K since they have been overpriced for so long. Some LGS as someone pointed out above are getting them in now. I had one for a while but sold it. Mine had an issue - the safety kept reengaging itself (not good for home defense)! BUT, once I did some filing it worked great and was accurate and fun as hell on the range. Definitely one to consider for home defense/bug out bag if you can get it at the MSRP of 400.

Will they shoot twice in a row? Or are they really jammasters

Surprisingly, the one I've shot quite frequently takes anything you feed it. Not one malfunction out of it yet that I'm aware of! The thing is a bastard to take apart and heavy as hell but for the money - its a good buy.

A good one not mentioned is a ruger 44mag carbine, usually go in that price range and imo a little better for home defense(especially inside the house) than the 762x39's.

Surprisingly, the one I've shot quite frequently takes anything you feed it. Not one malfunction out of it yet that I'm aware of! The thing is a bastard to take apart and heavy as hell but for the money - its a good buy.

Ditto. A pain in the ass to take apart and clean but very reliable using numerous types of ammo.

I bought a new 995 TS Hi Point carbine (aka "The Point"). Love it! Shoot app. 200 rds through it already with zero malfunction. Even eats the steel cased Tula ammo.....

Cool beans.Don't need one could always use the AK just want something new

Will they shoot twice in a row? Or are they really jammasters

HP Carbines are like 10/22s, they just keep shooting. Never had one jam or misfeed, even with the cheapest ammo. The only time I ever bothered to clean one was when I restocked it.

Not pretty (although the new ones are better), but easily the best bang for the buck in pistol-caliber carbines.

Back
Top Bottom