• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check out this crock of .... from Gwinnett county

I had some guns stolen a long time ago. The guns were recovered. I went down to the local sheriff's office to pick them up. The detective investigating the case sat down at a table with me and opened an evidence envelope containing my pistol. He calmly loaded each round back into the magazine, slid the magazine into the mag well of the pistol and shifted the first round into the chamber. He put the pistol on safety and then handed it to me. He then advised me that they had not caught the perp yet and that I should carry my gun on me at all times until he was caught. I then thanked him and carried my LOADED pistol and my other property out of the Sheriff's Office to my car.

NOW THAT'S AN AWESOME WAY TO TREAT A PERSON... WITH A LITTLE RESPECT...

BTW, this was in Mobile County Alabama, maybe 18 years ago. I'm sure things have changed significantly since then.

Art. I wrote such a long response to your rant. But I figured you would never really get it.......because it was all factual. So I cancelled it. My personal thought is that this wasn't the place for you to rant when it was about your son and your preceived problem with a system of rules for everyone, including your son to abide by. The biggest harm here, is the harm you did by badmouthing the LEO in general because of your son's unfortunate situation of having a probation violation. I think, had that been me, I probably would not have aired my dirty laundry in public, but you do your laundry whereever you deem appropriate.......

I think I just figured out why your "Home" and "Alone"

Sounds to me like his "probation" wasn't that serious since he was allowed to have his firearms back, evidently he hasn't been convicted of a felony or that wouldn't be happening. I'm sure you never got in a little trouble back in your younger days, did you? Of course not, your all up on your LEO high horse judging others before you even know the circumstances. The kid paid the ticket, had proof of it. Sounds to me like someone in LEO didn't do their JOB and get it processed correctly,...........GEEZE

I had some guns stolen a long time ago. The guns were recovered. I went down to the local sheriff's office to pick them up. The detective investigating the case sat down at a table with me and opened an evidence envelope containing my pistol. He calmly loaded each round back into the magazine, slid the magazine into the mag well of the pistol and shifted the first round into the chamber. He put the pistol on safety and then handed it to me. He then advised me that they had not caught the perp yet and that I should carry my gun on me at all times until he was caught. I then thanked him and carried my LOADED pistol and my other property out of the Sheriff's Office to my car.

NOW THAT'S AN AWESOME WAY TO TREAT A PERSON... WITH A LITTLE RESPECT...

BTW, this was in Mobile County Alabama, maybe 18 years ago. I'm sure things have changed significantly since then.

I would have guessed Sheriff Berry in Oconee County until you stated otherwise!!

mirage243. I never read in ART's post where he gave his kids age. Heck he may be 30 for all we know......That didn't matter. and your opinion of me matters less. And it seems to me when you use the term LEO, you are speaking to or about a law enforcement officer. it sounded to me in his post, that the officer did nothing wrong. Those folks that work in Evidence are not law enforcement officers, and apparently when the ticket wasn't paid or paid and the paperwork got loss, that wasn't a LEO either, that would have been the court system. Then it would have been turned over to probation. And that would be another issue. And of course your most important post. HE wasn't a felon. oh my gosh, I didn't over look that.. everyone on probation is not a felon............. Thank you so much mirage. That is exactly why those guns were able to be released back to him.

I would make an appointment with the Chief. When you see him, just touch on what happened with your son to open the conversation. Discuss better paperwork processing, the proper care and handling of citizens firearms.....many of us are very particular about this...and maybe shorter times between appointments, like maybe the next day. NOTHING will change ever unless we/you at least make the effort to be heard. Always in a professional, respectful, unemotional, way. Good luck to you...and thank Gawd your son still had his paid receipt.

Art. I wrote such a long response to your rant. But I figured you would never really get it.......because it was all factual. So I cancelled it. My personal thought is that this wasn't the place for you to rant when it was about your son and your preceived problem with a system of rules for everyone, including your son to abide by. The biggest harm here, is the harm you did by badmouthing the LEO in general because of your son's unfortunate situation of having a probation violation. I think, had that been me, I probably would not have aired my dirty laundry in public, but you do your laundry whereever you deem appropriate.......
Didnt he say the ticket had been paid that it was amistake on the part of the officers ?

Even if he had the receipt the officers still have to arrest if he has an active warrant. Receipts can be faked. LEO's have to do what policy states. Be mad at the government, not the officers.

Glad to hear that you are mister perfect and never got a ticket. It was not a criminal act probation violation he simply got a ticket and set up payments. When you set up payments it automatically puts you on probation, he was falsely arrested because the payment he made was applied to another account, once that was proved he was released and I am not ashamed to air the dirty laundry on this. You sir are the one that would never get the point here. The point here is not badmouthing the LEO, it is questioning them on what gives them the right not to give you your property back, and to handle the guns in such a poor way letting them bang together when they could have simply been put back in the case. Yes I did get involved because the gun with the new scratches on it belongs to me, and I now have a gun with no clip in which to defend myself or my family should the need arise. This is just another case of the government over stepping there bounds with bs. rules.

Back
Top Bottom