Class 3 questions

Deaken

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
In thinking about buying an SBR and have some questions.

1. I read in a thread that if you have a stamp for full auto you don't need one for SBR..... True or false? If true does this work in reverse? Ie if I buy a DD MK18 can I full auto it with getting another stamp?

2. Trust or not?

3. What is the ETA on E-filing and can you E-file with and without a trust?

4. It is to my understanding that with a trust you can add and remove people as time goes on, does it cost to add and remove and is it simple to do so? Would said weapon or silencer in that trust be fine to be taken with them with it me be present?

Thanks for the advise on these. I have a feeling there will be more questions and I will post them when I think of them.

1. Correct and wrong. Machine guns have no barrel length restrictions so you do not need to worry about SBR on a machine gun. SBR cannot ever become a machine gun though. Manufacturing of machine guns for civilian use has been illegal since 1986,

2. Trust certainly makes it easier plus it allows for efiling.

3. At current time efiles are running just under 130 days and climbing. You cannot efile as an individual.

4. People can be added as trustees. Trustees can be in possession of trust owned NFA items.

What about a registered drop in sere? Would a DIAS get around the barrel length rule? But what if you then Take the sere out does it go back to being a regular rifle that must have a 16 inch barrel?

What about a registered drop in sere? Would a DIAS get around the barrel length rule? But what if you then Take the sere out does it go back to being a regular rifle that must have a 16 inch barrel?

Yes, a DIAS make the gun a machine gun and then barrel length does not matter. When the DIAS is not in the gun, normal rules apply.

1.Machine guns have no barrel length restrictions so you do not need to worry about SBR on a machine gun. SBR cannot ever become a machine gun though. Manufacturing of machine guns for civilian use has been illegal since 1986.
So I could buy a 16" ar and get w stamp to full auto it and then cut down the barrel?

So I could buy a 16" ar and get w stamp to full auto it and then cut down the barrel?

If you bought a registered drop in auto sear or lightning link you could make a semi auto AR a machine gun. The RDIAS and LL are actually machine guns themselves though so you have to find one registered before the 1986 cut off date. Last I looked they were selling for about 15k.

Back
Top Bottom