Class 3 questions

What about a registered drop in sere? Would a DIAS get around the barrel length rule? But what if you then Take the sere out does it go back to being a regular rifle that must have a 16 inch barrel?
In 94 I had an ATF agent tell me that if you install a registered sear in a rifle then that rifle is now and forevermore considered a machine gun. Seems like it would make things very complicated with H&K trigger packs,Lightning Links and drop in auto sears.

In 94 I had an ATF agent tell me that if you install a registered sear in a rifle then that rifle is now and forevermore considered a machine gun. Seems like it would make things very complicated with H&K trigger packs,Lightning Links and drop in auto sears.

Nah, the sear is the registered machine gun. The gun is just that after you take the sear out. Just went through this scenario

Screw that noise I'll just get an sbr and play with it. Thanks nws
It would be very difficult to get $15-20k worth of use/fun out of the full auto experience. Just go play with a few at inkdaddys range on occasion and get it out of your system. A sbr and can combo is probably the better idea for your average joe.

So is that the only way to have a full auto? Other than becoming a class 3 dealer like Dobbs? Yeah, that full auto 10/22 makes me REALLY want one...

The atf does screen you to make sure that your not getting into the class 3 game just for the machine gun perk. Also if you go out of the biz the machine gun goes with it.

Never take legal advice from any law enforcement offical. Half of them know as much about gun laws as I do tax law.

That's exactly what I am thinking, I had no clue a full auto set up would be 15k+. I've seen several posts recently about full auto gun...... that stuff makes my small collection look like cheap bb guns and water pistols.

That's exactly what I am thinking, I had no clue a full auto set up would be 15k+. I've seen several posts recently about full auto gun...... that stuff makes my small collection look like cheap bb guns and water pistols.

Full auto can be had for less. Just no in a AR platform. I think the FA mac-10/11 can be had for under 100

Back
Top Bottom