• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

concealed carry and extra mag

No, I get what you guys are fantasizing about. My point is that it is SLIM you will ever need to pull your gun, SLIMMER that when you do pull it, you will fire it and even SLIMMER STILL, that if you have to pull it, and decide to fire it, there will magically, at that precise moment, be a magazine failure. Again, if you read my posts like you claim, then you see I am not against carrying extras, I personally do not see the need, for myself. I am not pulling my thoughts out of my ass here, I am basing it on personal experience. I trust my carry piece 100% and I trust my magazine 100% as well.

You guys must be living more exciting lives than me where you face all of these life and death situations all the time. Even after many years in an MC, I never faced all these situations and struggles you guys are finding yourself in.

:rolleyes: Nobody here claimed to engage in any self defense situation, more bending words and condensing comments by you to try to make yourself feel superior. Carrying a back up is just common sense because as people have pointed out **** happens, nobody knows when or where or how. You don't get to predict the time and the place. It has nothing to do with fantasizing or zombies or getting in a massive shootout or whatever BS you come up with to spin it. I would advise you to take a good self defense pistol course not a fly-by night course put on at your local gun shop but an actual defensive pistol course taught by real instructors firing at least 500 rounds and I am willing to bet you will change your outlook pretty damn fast because the number of malfunctions you work though will make you think about your environment and how you carry your pistol. Of course I think you know this, you are just being a troll. All of this is just time wasted on you. So really all of this written isn't so much for you, it is written for the people like the OP who are on the fence and not really sure of the reason behind carrying an extra mag.

Gun's fail. Magazines fail a lot more. There is a member here that witness my carry gun fail. It is a sickening feeling when the gun you have been carrying to protect you doesn't work. In my case the connector on my Glock 19 had broken. I had fired the gun the day before just fine, no issues. When I went to squeeze the trigger it fired once and then nothing. I had one shot. Lucky I wasn't in a life or death situation but what if I had been? I would have been screwed unless that one shot did the trick. Do you take your gun and magazines apart every night and check it out to make sure everything is mechanically perfect? I highly doubt it. Guns and magazines break on there own even when we are not shooting them. To say you trust your gun and magazines 100% is just :wacko: That must be one hell of a gun, ammo and magazine combination you are using that you have that kind of faith. :suspicious:

:rolleyes: Nobody here claimed to engage in any self defense situation, more bending words and condensing comments by you to try to make yourself feel superior. Carrying a back up is just common sense because as people have pointed out **** happens, nobody knows when or where or how. You don't get to predict the time and the place. It has nothing to do with fantasizing or zombies or getting in a massive shootout or whatever BS you come up with to spin it. I would advise you to take a good self defense pistol course not a fly-by night course put on at your local gun shop but an actual defensive pistol course taught by real instructors firing at least 500 rounds and I am willing to bet you will change your outlook pretty damn fast because the number of malfunctions you work though will make you think about your environment and how you carry your pistol. Of course I think you know this, you are just being a troll. All of this is just time wasted on you. So really all of this written isn't so much for you, it is written for the people like the OP who are on the fence and not really sure of the reason behind carrying an extra mag.

Gun's fail. Magazines fail a lot more. There is a member here that witness my carry gun fail. It is a sickening feeling when the gun you have been carrying to protect you doesn't work. In my case the connector on my Glock 19 had broken. I had fired the gun the day before just fine, no issues. When I went to squeeze the trigger it fired once and then nothing. I had one shot. Lucky I wasn't in a life or death situation but what if I had been? I would have been screwed unless that one shot did the trick. Do you take your gun and magazines apart every night and check it out to make sure everything is mechanically perfect? I highly doubt it. Guns and magazines break on there own even when we are not shooting them. To say you trust your gun and magazines 100% is just :wacko: That must be one hell of a gun, ammo and magazine combination you are using that you have that kind of faith. :suspicious:

Hate to disagree, but to find the troll, look in the mirror. Does disagreeing with the almighty you make me the troll? Didnt think so. Why is it so hard to understand that what I choose to carry is not the same as you? You keep mentioning your Glock, which apartently has a history of failing, according to you. Doesnt seem like a strong case to make that your carry gun, based on YOUR personal experience.

If you go back to my first post in the thread, you will see I gave MY opinion based on MY experience. Nothing more, nothing less. No trolling involved, just an honest opinion based on real world experience. Everyone after that wanted to try and point out what COULD happen, or fantasy if you will, of the reasons why I need to carry more. I have yet to find myself in the position where I feel I need to carry more, and until then, will continue with my standard daily routine of carrying just the 1 magazine.

Its a pretty simple concept, and I will say it one more time, slowly and without big words so as to not lose you.... If you carry extra magazines to feel comfortable, or just in case, I have NO problem with that, but FOR ME, I feel fine carrying just the one in my weapon. Different opinions I know, but its all good.

The reason I am calling you a troll is because earlier when people kept explaining to you why THEY choose to carry an extra mag YOU continued to belittle them with you zombies, shootouts and fantasizing about action hero lives bull****. Intentionally overlooking the reason why they said they were they were carrying an extra mag or mags. You made backhanded comments and basically called some liars. Don't back peddle now. As for my carry pistol, it is not the only one I own and unlike you it is clear to me I shoot enough to know that guns break. Nothing is 100% perfect all the time to think otherwise is foolish. However if you wish to do so, well then that explains a lot about you.

Just so there is no confusion about your condensing trolling comments.

No, I get what you guys are fantasizing about. My point is that it is SLIM you will ever need to pull your gun, SLIMMER that when you do pull it, you will fire it and even SLIMMER STILL, that if you have to pull it, and decide to fire it, there will magically, at that precise moment, be a magazine failure.

You guys must be living more exciting lives than me where you face all of these life and death situations all the time. Even after many years in an MC, I never faced all these situations and struggles you guys are finding yourself in.

Outside of Military and LEO, I doubt even a handful of the guys on here will ever have to pull their weapon, let alone shoot it at some bad guy to save him and his family. Chances are, most will only ever pull their weapon to shoot at paper.

I find it really hard to believe that most folks are walking around with extras mags because they dont trust the mags in their carry piece.

IF the zombie apocalypse ever happens, or if anything like Red Dawn ever happens, I will go back to carrying multiple mags on my person, until then, its a single, single stack mag for me, and not even a 8 rounder, just a lame old, GI styled 7 rounder, but guess what? Those 7 rounds make me feel all warm and fuzzy, so its all good.

Last edited:
Sounds to me kinda like one of those people who want to bring back 10 round only mags cause lord knows you will never need more than that! Plus since ill never find myself in a military situation I wont need military grade weapons or ammo. :rolleyes: Could be wrong though. Im a better safe then sorry kinda guy. Ive never had to fire my gun. Much less need an extra mag. I like knowing its there though.

Sounds to me kinda like one of those people who want to bring back 10 round only mags cause lord knows you will never need more than that! Plus since ill never find myself in a military situation I wont need military grade weapons or ammo. :rolleyes: Could be wrong though. Im a better safe then sorry kinda guy. Ive never had to fire my gun. Much less need an extra mag. I like knowing its there though.

Stop fantasizing, shut up and pass me another single stack GI mag. WOLVERINES!

Been carrying daily for over 15 years and never have I ever needed an extra magazine, and only once have I ever pulled my firearm. I have extra magazines, I have pouches to carry magazines, and I used to carry extra magazines, but I just dont see the need to carry extra magazines. The daily shoot outs to protect you and your family just dont happen in real life, only on online forums. Not saying that having extras on you is a bad thing, just dont see the need for them on a day to day basis.

And before everyone starts posting a bunch of news stories where they are trying to show that shoot outs do happen, make sure its a story about an EXTENDED shoot out where multiple mag changes were needed, and it didnt involve LEO's, just a run of the mill guy protecting his family.

excaltly no need to carry an extra mag in a normal defensive situation
shoot shoot look and retreat .... repeat as needed thats my opinion

Back
Top Bottom