• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

concealed carry and extra mag

Still dont see the need for extra mags.The magazine I carry, I trust completely. It has never failed. If I ever drop it, it will get replaced with one I trust completely.

Even in then the middle of a shooting or self defense situation? Interesting. :suspicious:

Your magazine can fail. The failure can be induced by any number of things, being dropped, your gun landing floor plate down in a scuffle and causing the mag to fail or by the environment, sand, water can cause a magazine to fail. I have seen a magazine that got kicked in sand that wouldn't feed at all until it was stripped down and cleaned. Carrying an extra mag is about redundancy. In my case it is a spare Glock 19 mag. It has a little heft to it but its not bad.

If your mag goes your gun goes. So having a spare mag is a simple insurance policy to insure that one of the weakest systems on your firearm will still be at the ready if you ever need it. Because you can't run home in the middle of a self defense situation and replace your broken mag.

Edit: I just read though the rest of your posts Mutt and you still don't get it. You are still hung up on the idea that carrying a spare is solely for more ammo. It isn't.

Last edited:
^This. It is not about extra ammo and engaging zombies.

Mutt, ever thought about what you would do if a struggle for your gun ensued and during the fight the mag release gets hit and the mag gets dropped on the ground somewhere? Are you going to call time out and pick up the mag and reload it?

Mutt, ever thought about what you would do if a struggle for your gun ensued and during the fight the mag release gets hit and the mag gets dropped on the ground somewhere? Are you going to call time out and pick up the mag and reload it?
You are in hand to hand combat at that point......are you gonna call time out to grab your other mag?

Even in then the middle of a shooting or self defense situation? Interesting. :suspicious:

Your magazine can fail. The failure can be induced by any number of things, being dropped, your gun landing floor plate down in a scuffle and causing the mag to fail or by the environment, sand, water can cause a magazine to fail. I have seen a magazine that got kicked in sand that wouldn't feed at all until it was stripped down and cleaned. Carrying an extra mag is about redundancy. In my case it is a spare Glock 19 mag. It has a little heft to it but its not bad.

If your mag goes your gun goes. So having a spare mag is a simple insurance policy to insure that one of the weakest systems on your firearm will still be at the ready if you ever need it. Because you can't run home in the middle of a self defense situation and replace your broken mag.

Edit: I just read though the rest of your posts Mutt and you still don't get it. You are still hung up on the idea that carrying a spare if for more ammo.

No, I get what you guys are fantasizing about. My point is that it is SLIM you will ever need to pull your gun, SLIMMER that when you do pull it, you will fire it and even SLIMMER STILL, that if you have to pull it, and decide to fire it, there will magically, at that precise moment, be a magazine failure. Again, if you read my posts like you claim, then you see I am not against carrying extras, I personally do not see the need, for myself. I am not pulling my thoughts out of my ass here, I am basing it on personal experience. I trust my carry piece 100% and I trust my magazine 100% as well.

You guys must be living more exciting lives than me where you face all of these life and death situations all the time. Even after many years in an MC, I never faced all these situations and struggles you guys are finding yourself in.

The whole point is that no one has any idea IF they will ever even need their gun and if you do do you really have any idea what the circumstances might be?

The chance of you ever actually needing to use your gun is like the chance of you being struck by lightning and sometimes lightning strikes the same spot 2-3 times :D

Not trying to troll but I'm just wondering what kind of situation do you envision yourselves being in where 10-17 rounds won't be enough? Multiple attackers? Long firefight? Huge dude high up on some drug that turning him into a walking tank?

Back
Top Bottom