• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cortisone Shots In Hips?

Has anybody had them? Is it worth it?
First hand experience. I did in July 2018. It stung pretty good when they went in the nerve cluster. Mine lasted almost 3 days but my hip was shot. Ordinarily I wouldn’t say mine was worth it but it was a requirement from Tricare before they would approve a total hip replacement. I guess it depends on the condition of your hip before the shot. Let me know if you want more info.

The hip one can be more painful compared to others. They have to guide it in with imaging. No big deal but you’ll feel it for sure.

None of them have ever lasted more than a week. The first few days can be wonderful though. Since they don’t last, i try not to get them unless it’s part of the diagnosis process.

I had a torn labrum in my hip that required surgery to repair so i went thru it all.

I aprreciate the feedback. I recieved some results back from an xray (done yesterday), and from what I can read and interpret, there is some bone on bone going on. Flattening of the femoral head. Yesterday the doc said I may get a few weeks relief out of a shot.. It looks like I am on the way to having my hips replaced

Back
Top Bottom