• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cortisone Shots In Hips?

I have had them in knees, shoulders and several in the spine. None of them helped for more than a week or two and all were pretty painful shots. I know others who swear by them. I refuse to have any more.

The shots are temporary relief I’ve had them in both knees but after a while they stop working. I’ve had both knees replaced it’s not like what God gave me at birth but I can walk and do most everything except squat down. Have the replacement you want regret it

I have had them in knees, shoulders and several in the spine. None of them helped for more than a week or two and all were pretty painful shots. I know others who swear by them. I refuse to have any more.
The last time I got the last three shots he hit a nerve cluster and I lost all the movement in the right side of my body for a week and a half. After that they recommended surgery and I swore off that after losing control of my right side. Those doctors are playing with fire when they start cutting on your back.

Meh…I hope you have good luck with it. It’s hit n miss mostly.
Depends on how screwed up/ how far gone - you are in the area you are trying to improve, I have had them in the knee, hip, then a few different one in the spine (not necessarily cortisone in the spine- they call them anti inflammatory or some such crap) ….. it’s all for naught when you come down to it.
Temporary relief sometimes though. It may work for you though. There is only one way to find out ! :cool:

Back Steroid shots...I have four done at one time under the X-ray machine..Bad luck for me, walked into the spinal clinic and 13hrs later lost the use of my legs..I am still in a wheel chair 4.5 months now. I am slowly regaining the use of my legs. I need to hire an attorney!
Hip- had to have it replaced, it was done on out patient basis. In and out the same day for a total hip replacement.

had both hips replaced after trying the series of shots, they are very temporary, see an orthopedist if replacement is necessary, both mine have been great and one is over 30 yrs old.
if ya need more info, PM me.

I aprreciate the feedback. I recieved some results back from an xray (done yesterday), and from what I can read and interpret, there is some bone on bone going on. Flattening of the femoral head. Yesterday the doc said I may get a few weeks relief out of a shot.. It looks like I am on the way to having my hips replaced
If you do have them replaced, I would recommend anterior vs posterior replacement surgery. In and out same day, no restrictions on movement, etc. I used a walker the day of and then minimally the next day. I was taking care of an 18 month old by myself less than 24 hours after surgery. Physical therapy is walking. One of my buddies just had his both hips replaced in November then February for the second. Both anterior, no issues. I can strongly recommend the surgeon who did mine if you wish. Good luck! Pretty easy these days.

I spoke with a doc, just a little while ago. It turns out I may have some avascular necrosis happening. They made an appointment with my ortho, who will confirm. with an MRI If that is the case, the shots will not do me any good. I think I am looking at a hip replacement on both sides.

Back
Top Bottom