• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Covid Vacine - A thread to get the boomers riled up

WILL YOU GET THE COVID VACINE

• YES

• NO

• Will wait a while before I do then yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm betting that most won't have a choice if they want to stay employed. I'd think most companies will implement a mandatory vaccine policy. Get it or don't work with very few exceptions and the governments at all levels will back them on it "for public health reasons". It'll be the same for schools also. Religious beliefs and other common stances for not vaccinating will be run over without much thought.

Get in line to get your number tattooed on your wrist and your tracking implant so we can be sure you're safe to be with the herd.

I'm gonna pass. Wife already had it, wasn't too bad on her more like a really bad cold. Me and the kids were fine, no symptoms and we didn't isolate from her since she had symptoms for a few days before testing positive and we were around her anyways. I've thought about getting the antibody test to see if it shows I ever had it. Only times I've had the flu in my life were years I got the flu shot...

That and I really don't trust a rushed vaccine when it normally takes several years to approve one for other stuff.

Somebody help me with the math, here. The vaccine has proven to be 95% effective in trials. Right? So, assuming you take the vaccine you're 95% likely not to get a virus that you're 99% certain to survive? :ranger:

I think the bigger question is why one would bother.
^ Clearly hates 'science'.
Wait.... math is a science.... :confused:

boomers.jpg

Somebody help me with the math, here. The vaccine has proven to be 95% effective in trials. Right? So, assuming you take the vaccine you're 95% likely not to get a virus that you're 99% certain to survive? :ranger:

Maybe to protect the more susceptible people you come in contact with?
You know, like grandma and ol’ uncle Ed?

conspiracy theory folks, anti-vaxxers, those who think covid’s not real, ...

I think Covid is real, but I think the numbers are HIGHLY inflated. The numbers were jacked primarily to use against Trump. The TOTAL number of US deaths FROM ALL CAUSES are DOWN compared 2019 to 2020, even with all the Covid numbers in 2020.

Like ANY "new" thing, car, boat, motorcycle, power tool, you don't want to be the test dummy, let them get the bugs worked out of it first, practice on somebody else, waste somebody else's money.

I don't even get the flu or pneumonia shots now, why the hell would I want something brand new and untested??
======================================================
I got a sore throat, nasal/sinus thing a couple weeks ago, called my Dr. to have him call in some Rx drugs to help me. They said you need a Covid test. I said **** you, I am 73 years old, know what I have, same crap I get about every other year. I have NO Covid symptoms....no fever, no loss of taste or smell, no lung congestion, no headache. So I went to Publix, got some over the counter stuff and 5 days later feeling much better, 80% of sinus congestion gone, sore throat gone, mild malaise gone. BTW....my personal doctor is part of Emory, said he has heard that Emory will require ALL of its staff to get the vaccine to continue working, my doc says he will walk before getting the vaccine. Go back to private practice in Snellville where he started 35 years ago.

Clearly, you will never have a career in politics! :thumb:

I have enough friends in the medical profession that have shared their experience... Yes, how it was used politically was used to hurt Trump, down to the pharma companies waiting till a week after the election to announce the vaccines...

However, it's hard to argue with a couple hundred thousand corpses, just in this country alone... And while most of us will get it and get over it, they are finding a lot of otherwise young and healthy people, starting to suffer from heart and lung damage, cognitive issues, etc... It is a really weird virus...

And while in some ways it was blown out of proportion by the Left, let's not make an equally big mistake by just dismissing it out of hand... That makes us no better than them, and makes us look like loons for pretending that a couple hundred thousand dead bodies doesn't matter...

I have enough friends in the medical profession that have shared their experience... Yes, how it was used politically was used to hurt Trump, down to the pharma companies waiting till a week after the election to announce the vaccines...

However, it's hard to argue with a couple hundred thousand corpses, just in this country alone... And while most of us will get it and get over it, they are finding a lot of otherwise young and healthy people, starting to suffer from heart and lung damage, cognitive issues, etc... It is a really weird virus...

And while in some ways it was blown out of proportion by the Left, let's not make an equally big mistake by just dismissing it out of hand... That makes us no better than them, and makes us look like loons for pretending that a couple hundred thousand dead bodies doesn't matter...

Dam, I just hate it when I agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom