• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Craziest thing happened to us tonight

IMG_6519.jpeg

I wasn't there but I would have told him to back the **** up in a very commanding voice while feeling my pistol, but that's just me. GLWSafety
Yep. Been there, done that. I don't allow someone in my space. You're reaction is then compromised. I was thinking this as I read it, but now that you mention it.....

He was sizing you up and almost made a play. You let him get close enough that a real pro would have had you no matter how good you are otherwise.

Surefire to the eyes while expressing in clear terms to get away from you while your wife is watching your six and maintaining control of the kids. This time of year it's too easy to also have a j-frame in a coat pocket pointed center of mass. So do that, too.

Obviously you want the wife and kids to understand this is SOP beforehand. With my crew it's no where near as smooth as I'd like but we do discuss it and have pulled it off a few times. The most surprising thing you'll learn is all the details your wife noticed that you didn't in the same situation.

I appreciate these comments, some different takes for sure and hindsight is always 20/20 but I feel very comfortable even at a closer distances I never turned my back always, kept an appropriate line of fire just in case, and I train a lot but I know nothing is ever perfect and the element of surprise can trump skills any day of the week.
I stopped because I obviously thought something just ran into me and again this is a dark country road in a nice area, just goes to show you though that the “it can’t happen here” mentality is definitely hazardous.

Crazy story- what area was this just curious? Like are you with in 30mins of Atl? Have photos of the damage to your car/hair?

Milner Ga, a little further out but it is close to griffin. Yeah I’ll post some pics from this morning, it was wet and hard to see on the black paint.

Back
Top Bottom