• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does this carrier look properly staked to you pros?

I wouldn't call it proper, but the recess for the screw heads are more than likely distorted enough that it will work just fine for semi-auto fire. If it were mine, I'd prefer it had a more "aggressive" staking job.

VooDoo Innovations sells a BC with an integral gas key, machined as part of the overall carrier. Wonder why more folks aren't doing this? I own a couple of them and like them very much.
I've seen popped primers jammed into the gas key and I've seen them damaged from neglect, dropping them, etc. Being able to replace the key vs the whole carrier is a good thing.
Got this back from the boys at aim:

Hello,

From the picture it looks good to me. All you want is slight contact on the fasteners.

Thanks,
joshua

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 9:55 AM, AIM Surplus<sales@aimsurplus.com> wrote:
That's a swing and a miss. It's not staked correctly, just enough to
*look* staked to the untrained eye. I just don't understand why such a simple thing is still so hard for some companies to get right.

I've got a couple that are unstaked. I just check them every now and then. If they started showing low gas signs I would stop and check it (as you should regardless)

If I was going unto battle on a daily basis it might be different. Then again I drive a car every day that has fasteners held in by proper torque only and it doesn't fall apart

Back
Top Bottom