• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does writing on a gun turn you off when buying?

TommyT

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
484   0
Reaction score
I am new to this hobby and buying a lot of different pistols to play with right now so I need to consider future re-sale potential while shopping. Someone told me to never buy a pistol with writing on it because buyers hate that and it may depreciate the value. For example I like the P238 Equinox and the HD models but both have the word on the slide. Would that keep anyone from wanting to buy this gun when I am ready to sell? Any opinions?

Last edited:
Yeah...That's why "Sweet Sixteens", Colt "Anacondas", and the likes are sooooo unpopular :) I think the writing complaint may have been meant for those that etch their name on the gun somewhere. That's a detractor to me...but certainly not the logo or model...except I won't buy anything that says Taurus nor will I buy an AR with a cat head, a zombie, a deer or a picture of an AR on it.

You mean like guns that have a legal disclaimer etched on the slide? I hate that, but if its a good gun I can overlook it, and I'm fairly certain others can too.

The only thing that would make me want to pay less for a gun would be previous owner's "customizations". Like etching stuff into the metal or stippling a grip.

I want to buy firearms like I do motorcycles: BONE STOCK.

My turn offs are long walks on the beach, the color green, cats, and chicks with bad breath.....

Oh and if someone etches something on their firearm, may not buy it all.

Back
Top Bottom