Dog seizures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
97   0
Reaction score
I have a 6 year old lab that has sporadic seizures, maybe one or two every 6 months or so, the last few weeks he’s had a couple, once they subside he’s normal like nothing happened. I’m worried about him being home alone when one happens now. Worried he may fall off the couch or down the stairs while I’m not here to watch him. My vet said the medicine isn’t going to stop them and just be worse on his body, I’ve tried cbd but nothing works. Any advice would be appreciated.
e035c953d677ef562db7d77843cda644.jpg

9f69c7227d0f6dda4d5cc5c239b37007.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I met my wife she had a Jack Russell named Pretzel that had seizures. Not a daily thing but at least once a week. The vet prescribed Phenobarbital and another drug I can't recall right now. The vet told her the drugs would shorten her life. So we stopped giving them to her around 08. She would still have the seizures but we couldn't tell that they were anymore frequent than with the drugs. Most of the time she would only have them if something triggered it like tangling up with another dog.
Anyway Pretzel lived to be 17 and died down in Darien which was where I buried her. Given her condition I think that's a LONG life for any dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom