• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dog Sitting

$50 a day seems to be the overall average that I have seen or heard for overnight. I have a couple different couples ask me if my oldest daughter would be interested in sitting with their pups while they go on vacations, so after running it by her, she wanted to know what to charge.

She is a senior in high school this upcoming school year, and is in her second year of the dual enrollment program (high school half a day and college the other half). She also helps us out with getting her younger sister back and forth to cheer practice, so we aren’t pushing her to get a job slinging burgers. Something along the lines of dog sitting will be a way for her to earn some money and yet still have some kind of control over her schedule.

Thank you all for the replies. I appreciate it.

My girlfriend transitioned from full time vet tech to full time pet sitting a little while ago. She stays pretty booked up, but I'm 99% certain her rates are higher than anything mentioned here so far. Her 12 yrs of experience as a vet tech may have something to do with that, but I'll ask her what she charges. I think it varies depending on how much care the pet needs.

ETA: Apparently I was wrong. She charges $75/night for overnight for one dog. $25 for each additional dog. She also said to look online and compare prices for your local area.

My gf also said overnights for cats she charges $50 for one or $75 for more than one. And drop by visits to feed/walk she starts at $20 for feeding only. More if walking or meds are required. I think she also charges a flat fee for gas if doing drop by visits.

Your daughter could make pretty good money depending on the workload she wants to take on. If she is serious about doing it as more than just a side job, have her make up some business cards and drop them at some local animal hospitals and pet grooming places.

Back
Top Bottom