• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't count on a gun you don't fire regularly.

Shooting this past weekend I decided to go ahead and dump the 3 mags of hornady critical duty in my edc set-up and restock with fresh ammo. Well the 3rd round in the magazine I've been carrying in my glock 19 for the past 6 months or so had a bad primer. Click and no bang. Wish I could say I quickly racked the slide and continued shooting but no I just kinda stood there dumbfounded for a minute.

Not saying they are completely "fail-safe".., but this thread makes me think of the certain advantages a revolver possesses over the auto-loader.

Not saying they are completely "fail-safe".., but this thread makes me think of the certain advantages a revolver possesses over the auto-loader.
As much as I want to like revolvers, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Please try to convince me.

This is not a joke. I would appreciate your (and others) attempt to convert me!

Here's why you don't stake your life on something that just lays around and isn't fired. I had this in a zippered case in my truck dash for about a year. Kind of a backup to my backup kinda deal. Never failed to operate properly before. Fired the first round and it tried to double feed. Cleared it,same thing again. And again. After that it worked fine. Will definitely be getting a good cleaning.
View attachment 372595
It could also be that it is 200 years old! JK.

Back
Top Bottom