• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't count on a gun you don't fire regularly.

You know that is one thing I always liked about revolvers. You never have to really lubricate them. At least every revolver I owned never got it.

Same with Glocks.

They don't need much (if any) lube.

I remember reading about a guy who was in a Glock armorer's class. The instructor started talking about oil and said "What does oil attract?" someone shouted "Morons!"

You know that is one thing I always liked about revolvers. You never have to really lubricate them. At least every revolver I owned never got it.

Actually, Revolvers need two or three drops of oil every once in a while...One or two on the Yoke Barrel To "Keep the Wheel Spinnin'" and maybe one in the Lockworks--They will "Run Dry" IF they are clean, but a lil' bit of Oil helps to keep 'em workin'--HTH--mikey357

Reactions: MRH
As much as I want to like revolvers, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Please try to convince me.

This is not a joke. I would appreciate your (and others) attempt to convert me!

Revolvers are fine if you shoot them well and train with them.

Semi-autos have the capacity edge.

I think semi-autos have the concealment edge, but I've seen a guy hide a snubby .357 pretty well.

Revolvers have the dud primer edge; pull the trigger again and you get a entirely new cartridge.

Revolvers have the ease of use edge. Point, squeeze, bang.

Modern semi-autos have the "dropped in the mud" edge. Most revolvers could cake up and jam up the works in really gooey mud and/or sand. 20 years or so ago Guns and Ammo had a shoot off between a semi-auto lover and a wheel gun lover. There was only one failure, and it was in the revolver. Some sand got in the mechanism and jammed it up. On the battlefield this would matter, but for most of us the worst case is a gun covered in a thin film of dust when we need it.

Bottom line: If it fits your hand and your budget, it's reliable (test it at least 200 rounds), and you can carry it well and shoot it well, then that's the one for you.

You would be surprised how many Cops do carry Revolvers, when allowed to do so by their Departments...There are still quite a few "Graybeards" carrying Revolvers in the NYPD, for instance...High Mag Capacity is REAL HANDY--If you plan to MISS A LOT, LOL!....mikey357

I don't plan on much of anything-except Winning!

-Seriously, the only time you can have too much ammo is.... never.
(And 6 shots vs 13, or 15, or 17......before reload.... are U kidding? There is absolutely no contest. I can miss all freaking day, and I will still win. And then I reload-and I win again.)

Last edited:
I don't plan on much of anything-except Winning!

-Seriously, the only time you can have too much ammo is.... never.
(And 6 shots vs 13, or 15, or 17......before reload.... are U kidding? There is absolutely no contest. I can miss all freaking day, and I will still win. And then I reload-and I win again.)

I don't think anyone said anything about having "Too Much" Ammo...As far as "Spray & Pray"--REALLY?!?! "Miss All Day & Still Win"? I think not...I proved that to my own satisfaction 20, 22 years ago shooting against some "Hot Rocks" Rangers from Benning in the pre-IDPA days--Them with Glocks, me with my 686...

Here's an idea...Why don't you come on down to the Griffin Gun Club the first FULL Weekend in March, and let's shoot the "Steel Match"?--Me with my Seven-shot REVOLVER, and you with whatever Semiauto you want--Iron Sights only, LOSER pays the Winner's Entry Fee--Come on, what do ya' got to lose???... :) ....mikey357

Last edited:
A good friend of mine prides himself on keeping his guns in pristine condition, the only problem is he carries everyday. The last 3 guns I've known him to carry, he never fired, ever! There's no way I'd trust my life to a weapon that I've never fired. Maybe that's just me.

A good friend of mine prides himself on keeping his guns in pristine condition, the only problem is he carries everyday. The last 3 guns I've known him to carry, he never fired, ever! There's no way I'd trust my life to a weapon that I've never fired. Maybe that's just me.
Not just you matt.

No way I would!

I understand your line of thinking, but modern semi-auto handguns are incredibly reliable so I don't think that's a very big gamble. The big flaw in that is that the person is obviously not shooting enough to be proficient with the weapon.

Back
Top Bottom