• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't count on a gun you don't fire regularly.

As much as I want to like revolvers, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Please try to convince me.

This is not a joke. I would appreciate your (and others) attempt to convert me!

No such thing as "Limp-Wristing" a Revolver--Handy if you hafta' shoot from a UNCONVENTIONAL Position, or have an injured Hand, Wrist or Arm...

Revolvers are NOT "Ammunition Sensitive"--If you can stuff it in the Cylinder & get it closed, the Revolver will function...Unlike some Semiautos, which require Ammo to fall into certain power/pressure/bullet weight parameters...

If you have a MISFIRE with a Revolver--Bad or "Dud" Primer--Just pull the Trigger again, as opposed to--Break your hold on the Gun, Tap, Rack & Bang with a Semiauto...Sure SEEMS SIMPLER to me...HTH....mikey357

No such thing as "Limp-Wristing" a Revolver--Handy if you hafta' shoot from a UNCONVENTIONAL Position, or have an injured Hand, Wrist or Arm...

Revolvers are NOT "Ammunition Sensitive"--If you can stuff it in the Cylinder & get it closed, the Revolver will function...Unlike some Semiautos, which require Ammo to fall into certain power/pressure/bullet weight parameters...

If you have a MISFIRE with a Revolver--Bad or "Dud" Primer--Just pull the Trigger again, as opposed to--Break your hold on the Gun, Tap, Rack & Bang with a Semiauto...Sure SEEMS SIMPLER to me...HTH....mikey357

^ All this ^

They both have pros and cons (auto vs revolver)..
But I do agree that revolvers are simpler (maintenance wise).
Revolvers tend to not be so finicky without the lube for autos mentioned at the start of the thread.
I'm thinking for prolonged periods of non-maintenance (glovebox for months).,, the wheelgun gets the advantage.

Also.., another advantage of revolver (non-exposed hammer).., is also the ability to fire/cycle within a jacket pocket.
I'm not saying that one should do so..., but it can be done.

I carry both depending on day, mood, etc. ; )

As much as I want to like revolvers, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Please try to convince me.

This is not a joke. I would appreciate your (and others) attempt to convert me!

No way.

Revolvers may be fun to shoot and all. But the advantage of having over twice the ammo in a modern semi far outweighs any supposed reliability issues.

Just try and reload a revolver right after a hard workout. Even with a speed loader, it is harder then reloading a semi. And much harder than simply racking the slide should you encounter a ftf in a semi.

The is real good reason that practically no cops ever carry revolvers anymore

No way.

Revolvers may be fun to shoot and all. But the advantage of having over twice the ammo in a modern semi far outweighs any supposed reliability issues.

Just try and reload a revolver right after a hard workout. Even with a speed loader, it is harder then reloading a semi. And much harder than simply racking the slide should you encounter a ftf in a semi.

The is real good reason that practically no cops ever carry revolvers anymore

You would be surprised how many Cops do carry Revolvers, when allowed to do so by their Departments...There are still quite a few "Graybeards" carrying Revolvers in the NYPD, for instance...High Mag Capacity is REAL HANDY--If you plan to MISS A LOT, LOL!....mikey357

I don't enjoy shooting revolvers, that's why I don't have one. The semi's feels better in my hand and I like a striker fired pistol above anything else. Each system has its advantages and disadvantages. I go with what I shoot best.

I don't enjoy shooting revolvers, that's why I don't have one. The semi's feels better in my hand and I like a striker fired pistol above anything else. Each system has its advantages and disadvantages. I go with what I shoot best.

Everybody SHOULD go with what they shoot best, provided they have that choice--Which is EXACTLY why I carry a Smith & Wesson Revolver 100% of the time!....mikey357

Back
Top Bottom