• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dreaded kimber question.

I did notice my extractor was very loose. I did the youtube method of tuning it, but need someone more experienced to show me exactly how to do it. looks simple enough as far as the casing tests go.

My Baer had one fail to feed at round 99 if I remember correctly, I'm at 2000 now with no other malfunctions.

Do you keep a log book for your handguns? I have kept log books for precision guns but never for a hand gun .... someone asked me how many rounds I had thru one of my pistols .... hell I havent got a clue ... I know Ive bought over 10k worth of bullets, and have maybe 2k sitting around loaded, so maybe 8k?

I spend most of my time on the 1911forum so I hear it more often that one might think. It's not about it not running it's about them stating their "break-in" period.

Apparently there may be some literature that came with my Baers that I never read. I've taken more than one gun with only a few sight in rounds directly to a match with no issues. I prefer Schuemann barrels in my competition guns, they say nothing about break-in and he really doesn't advocate cleaning them.

Do you keep a log book for your handguns? I have kept log books for precision guns but never for a hand gun .... someone asked me how many rounds I had thru one of my pistols .... hell I havent got a clue ... I know Ive bought over 10k worth of bullets, and have maybe 2k sitting around loaded, so maybe 8k?

I know the round count of all 6 of my 1911's. I do keep a log book for them. Not sure why but I do.

Apparently there may be some literature that came with my Baers that I never read. I've taken more than one gun with only a few sight in rounds directly to a match with no issues. I prefer Schuemann barrels in my competition guns, they say nothing about break-in and he really doesn't advocate cleaning them.

I took a Brand NEW never fired Glock 17 to Ga State USPSA match 2 years ago I think it was now, (yeah was 2 years ago since it was the 10 yr anniversary of the attacks on the WTC). The gun ran, I didnt do so swell and was told to S USC.

Tried a log book when I shot Limited divison for a year, it was a PITA, but it did clue me in on how many rounds I was shooting. Now I'm like you I order 3 cases of bullets at a time (3750 per case) so thats 11250. So I know roughly how many rounds have been down the pipe of my open gun. That won't usually last anywhere near a year.

I copied this from the forum about Wilson Combat break-in.

Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep
We recommend you do a few things prior to shooting

1) Watch the videos and read all instructional information
2) load your magazines several times and then keep them loaded so the xtra power springs take the appropriate set.
3) Buy 3-500 rounds of quality hardball or load an appropriate amount of good reloads.

To break in

1) Make sure your pistol is well lubed
2) Shoot a few hundred rounds (300-500) through it prior to a thorough cleaning. (The slurry of the oil and unburnt powder burnishes the Armor-Tuffed mating surfaces and will give your pistol a glassy smoothness that our guns are noted for.)
3) if you have a malfunction, note which magazine and keep track.
4) Clean at 300-500 rounds If all goes as planned, lightly lubricate and enjoy your new pistol.

Back
Top Bottom