• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dreaded kimber question.

Yes, they are feeding you crap.

Springfield doesn't belong in the same sentence as Les Baer and Wilson Combat.......ever.

I agree about SA not belonging but it's one I experienced. My Les Baer ran from day one too. Others are not as lucky. My first Kimber wouldn't run for **** the first 100 rounds but after that it has ran perfect for several thousands, not hundreds of thousands though lol.

You are used to shooting guns which don't require the high grip a 1911 requires.
You are shooting a Kimber which are known to have problems.
You are shooting a short slide 1911 which are known to have problems.
You are probably not using a high quality magazine which is known to cause problems.

Yep, sounds like a recipe for a stoppage. I'm kinda shocked that you only had two.

;)

BLASPHEMER!!!!! How DARE you say my beloved KIMBER has issues????? I am APPALLED at the mere suggestion of my Ultra Carry being ANYTHING less than God's gift to handguns!!!

But seriously. I do love my Kimber and I haven't ever had a jam of any kind. I also use Kimber and Wilson mags exclusively in the gun.

I agree about SA not belonging but it's one I experienced. My Les Baer ran from day one too. Others are not as lucky. My first Kimber wouldn't run for **** the first 100 rounds but after that it has ran perfect for several thousands, not hundreds of thousands though lol.

That "break in" 100-500 rounds performs the fitting the factory SHOULD have done before selling you the gun.

- - - Updated - - -

You dont have to ... you can always blame it on your brain deally.

ohh, good call. :thumb:

He didn't say anything about a barrel being broken in. He said, "A properly fitted 1911 doesn't require a break in period to FUNCTION."

K. Gotcha.
i523.photobucket.com_albums_w354_chocolatechuky_thelmo.jpg

BLASPHEMER!!!!! How DARE you say my beloved KIMBER has issues????? I am APPALLED at the mere suggestion of my Ultra Carry being ANYTHING less than God's gift to handguns!!!

But seriously. I do love my Kimber and I haven't ever had a jam of any kind. I also use Kimber and Wilson mags exclusively in the gun.

I have a Kimber Custom Classic that for the most part other than a bent slide stop has been very reliable. That said, it isn't shocking, surprising, or unheard of to hear someone is having reliability issues with a Kimber.

Back
Top Bottom