Edit: IL Going for Almost all Firearms Ban During Lame Duck Ending Jan 9th

Audio stopped cause it ended.

I imagine we will get more debate tomorrow as the session ends next week and tomorrow is supposedly the last day they will work(publicly) this week.

This is a Lame Duck assembly. Some have been voted out and will be replaced next friday, so those voted out will vote without worry from constituents.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-ban-and-mag-cap-bills-pass-out-of-committee/

Both HB1263 (banning various firearms) and HB815 (regulating the bejesus out of magazines and shooting ranges) have passed out of a Public Health hearing (I swear) by a vote of 6 – 3. Before passing the former, the Committee added a sixth amendment which is unconstitutional squared. The firearms specified in the bill (e.g. a semi-automatic rifle) must be registered with the police within 240 days of the bill’s passage, at $10 per gun ($15 for a .50). If the owner sells a prohibited firearm to an out-of-state buyer, the former owner must provide the State Police with the buyer’s name and address. Question: what does ANY of this have to do with preventing crime?

That's what I'm trying to tell ya...

I see, I also read the Senate still has to vote on it and if it passes the senate it still has to go through the house. Which I am still learning a lot about politics, but wouldn't it get thrown out in the house? Also I read this may be some form of scare tactic.

I see, I also read the Senate still has to vote on it and if it passes the senate it still has to go through the house. Which I am still learning a lot about politics, but wouldn't it get thrown out in the house? Also I read this may be some form of scare tactic.
This is Illinois, not the US Senate.

Back
Top Bottom