Edit: IL Going for Almost all Firearms Ban During Lame Duck Ending Jan 9th

I see, I also read the Senate still has to vote on it and if it passes the senate it still has to go through the house. Which I am still learning a lot about politics, but wouldn't it get thrown out in the house? Also I read this may be some form of scare tactic.

I agree this faces an uphill battle. Yep scare tactic....but it is a serious issue. I think folks should, watch, and listen to the debate. It is elected state lawmakers arguing constitutional rights. Do I fear it? Not really, but I should not dispel it.

I agree this faces an uphill battle. Yep scare tactic....but it is a serious issue. I think folks should, watch, and listen to the debate. It is elected state lawmakers arguing constitutional rights. Do I fear it? Not really, but I should not dispel it.

It's only a battle if a man spits on his hands and takes to the pen or other media to voice his concerns. Far too many silent men to suit me (lost faith?) and then there are the companies sending out clear messages on their view of the right of a citizen to own an AR type semi-auto rifle.

This is Obamas experiment in his home state. Fully expect if this passes to see more and more states jumping on the bandwagon. If that happens all you guys who are thinking Revolution would be wrong. It would be a Civil War II. Armed citizens in states that allow firearms against police forces and what military that will willingfully fight for the States that don't allow it. And if we lose, the consequences this time could easily be loss of freedom. That is the long term plan on taking away our freedoms is a Civil War in which the Government institutes Martial Law and just flat out takes it from us. The Government doesn't want to just look the bad guy and force our loss of freedoms, they want us to fight amongst ourselves so the can step in and "Do what is right for the law abiding Citizens" that aren't trying to "Buck the System". Mark my words, that is where this is headed if the right people do not put their foot down and head this off before it gets too widespread.

This is Obamas experiment in his home state. Fully expect if this passes to see more and more states jumping on the bandwagon. If that happens all you guys who are thinking Revolution would be wrong. It would be a Civil War II. Armed citizens in states that allow firearms against police forces and what military that will willingfully fight for the States that don't allow it. And if we lose, the consequences this time could easily be loss of freedom. That is the long term plan on taking away our freedoms is a Civil War in which the Government institutes Martial Law and just flat out takes it from us. The Government doesn't want to just look the bad guy and force our loss of freedoms, they want us to fight amongst ourselves so the can step in and "Do what is right for the law abiding Citizens" that aren't trying to "Buck the System". Mark my words, that is where this is headed if the right people do not put their foot down and head this off before it gets too widespread.

I think that bill is already dead man, look at the link I posted above your post unless I am reading it wrong?

Back
Top Bottom