• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elbert County Tax Thieves!!!!

Welcome to the club. Tax assessors refused to raise any tax bills under the Obama economy. Now that folks aere working again, time to make up for all that lost revenue.

My tax bill went up 125% this year. Same for many of my neighbors.

The only answer is to move to Alabama

Stop paying taxes, toss ablue tarp on the roof, and leave a derelict vehicle in the yard and your tax will drop (works for property values in the hood or at least itvuse to)

Man, I paid 60K for my pond house, And had to BEG someone to finance it. All I did the first year was bush hog the high weeds and keep it cut as grass took over...The next year Douglas county decided it was worth 165k, then the year after that, 180K. Taxes run in excess of 2500 a year. No kids in any schools here either...
Good ol' douglas county. Mine went from a $50k to a $125k valuation in one year.... :shocked:

I hate paying school taxes when I don't have any children.
you me both been paying for these brats for years ( MY SUGGESTION REF SCHOOLS THINK IT SHOULD BE THIS WAY IF YOU HAVE KIDS IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS THEN THE PARENTS SHOULD HAVE TO PAY A FEE FOR EACH KID.IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IF YOU OWN PROPERTY YOU ARE THE ONE PAYING THE RIDE FOR ALOT THESE OTHER FOLKS WHO DON,T OWN **** ON ALL THE FREE **** PROGRAMS. YES THIS TAX CRAP VERYS FROM COUNTY TO COUNTY. PUBLIC EDUCATION IS BIG MONEY RACKETT AND BOTTOMLESS PIT THE WAY ITS RAN AND MANGED THESE DAYS. EXAMPLE SCHOOL TAX I PAY IS MORE THAN MY ACTUAL PROPERTY TAXES

Bitching about a couple of thousand in school tax is crazy.
I would pay 3 times that to keep those kids in school 8-10 hrs a day and being educated rather than them running around being ignorant punks with nothing to do except cause problems.

*****ing about a couple of thousand in school tax is crazy.
I would pay 3 times that to keep those kids in school 8-10 hrs a day and being educated rather than them running around being ignorant punks with nothing to do except cause problems.
If only it were that simple. Ever hear of Atlanta Public Schools? Or DeKalb County?

Back
Top Bottom