• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Employees Carrying Without CP At Work

Not knocking anyone of the folks posting to the thread.. but a lawyer should be the one to interpret the law for you. I don't think the " I read it on a forum defense" would get you very far.

Regardless if its open carry or concealed, in GA you need a GWL for a handgun. Long guns you can open carry all day basically anywhere besides the 9 restricted places. People just might think you be a little odd if you where to haul around a AK or AR everywhere you go though but its perfectly legal lol. Not to mention the idiot liberals and news stations gonna make it A LOT worse than it is.

Did this change with the recent legislation (<2 years) or has it always been that way? Maybe I'm just having a brain fart. I remember reading up on the new rules but this shows you how much I retained. lol

Actually, I really thought you could open carry without a GWL. I just remembered that I might be applying the long gun rule to handguns. So you can carry a long gun in the open without a GWL, but not a handgun? I have no desire to OC but I didn't think you needed a permit for it. I thought the permit was to "conceal".

No the permit is to carry. Whether openly or concealed you need a permit to carry unless you are at your home, auto, or place of business.

You do not have to have permission from the business owner in order to be exempt from carrying a concealed weapon without a license at your place of business

This applies to all employees, because the business owner would obviously not ask himself for permission to carry. ;)

You as a business owner could allow carry by employees, or the employees could carry without your knowledge, and neither are against the law.

YMMV IANAL and I did not stay in a holiday inn last night.

Not knocking anyone of the folks posting to the thread.. but a lawyer should be the one to interpret the law for you. I don't think the " I read it on a forum defense" would get you very far.

Yeah, that's why I was hesitant to respond but did anyhow. I will defer to my original closing comment "seek professional legal help" when dealing with something like this. We live in a sue-happy world.

No the permit is to carry. Whether openly or concealed you need a permit to carry unless you are at your home, auto, or place of business.

This applies to all employees, because the business owner would obviously not ask himself for permission to carry. ;)

You as a business owner could allow carry by employees, or the employees could carry without your knowledge, and neither are against the law.

YMMV IANAL and I did not stay in a holiday inn last night.

lol you have a good point. So to sum it up, I can work at Wal-Mart as janitor and I can carry regardless if I got permission or not. It's just if I get caught, more than likely I'll just get fired but no legal or sueing bs?

Back
Top Bottom