• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Estate furniture / junk liquidation?

Open it up to the ODT crew. I did when we had to get rid of everything when my wife’s dad passed and her mom went to an assisted living facility. Lots of guys came out and bought stuff.

Dedicate a weekend to doing an estate sale. Rent a roll off dumpster and toss or take the rest to a thrift store. Make sure the thrift store will take the stuff before showing up with it, some are already over capacity. You will probably get enough revenue to pay for the dumpster and something for your time. As mentioned above I would advertise on here. And get your stuff in the dumpster quickly, you will find stuff showing up overnight.
BTDT.

I went to a Estate, Sale, off Moore road in Suwanee,(The River , Club) of course my wife drag me to the sale, I was not into it, the home was a $2m home, everything in the house was for sale at cheap prices, my wife knows that if its not for my Grandkids or my dogs, I don't spend money. I bought a Henrydon , Day bed, King size Bed, and 4 chairs. I gave my wife $2k to shop because she said it would be her Christmas present. Well, she spent $1200, when I got home she did the research on what she bought, the King size bed was $8k, the Daybed was $2800. My question is who the HELL spends money like this on furniture your not going to use. I grew up dirt poor, so every penny needs to be accounted for! When, the furniture was delivered today, She looked at me today n said you can get any gun you want for Christmas!

As some ODTers know, I'm an elder law attorney. I have used different services in helping families deal with estates, but my main guy is a retired DC cop in Newnan, who can do it all--he will travel within reason. PM me if you need his info.

Ditto furniture being almost worthless unless it is ultra high end stuff. Could hardly give away beautiful Queen Anne cherry stuff that cost a boatload new back in the 90s. I think the most marketable items are guns, tractors, old coke merchandise, and cars.

I went to a Estate, Sale, off Moore road in Suwanee,(The River , Club) of course my wife drag me to the sale, I was not into it, the home was a $2m home, everything in the house was for sale at cheap prices, my wife knows that if its not for my Grandkids or my dogs, I don't spend money. I bought a Henrydon , Day bed, King size Bed, and 4 chairs. I gave my wife $2k to shop because she said it would be her Christmas present. Well, she spent $1200, when I got home she did the research on what she bought, the King size bed was $8k, the Daybed was $2800. My question is who the HELL spends money like this on furniture your not going to use. I grew up dirt poor, so every penny needs to be accounted for! When, the furniture was delivered today, She looked at me today n said you can get any gun you want for Christmas!
I once sold a king size Henredon English Tudor styled bed (full top surround for netting, etc.) when I was liquidating estates. I think the lady paid about $2,200 for it. When I disassembled it I found the Macy's price tag in the top portion of the lighted headboard.

$38,599.00+tax.

I thought I was going to die.

I once sold a king size Henredon English Tudor styled bed (full top surround for netting, etc.) when I was liquidating estates. I think the lady paid about $2,200 for it. When I disassembled it I found the Macy's price tag in the top portion of the lighted headboard.

$38,599.00+tax.

I thought I was going to die.
I believe you , my entire house is furnished from Estate Sales, even my young dogs furniture house we bought at estate sale, new for $25. My wife has 3 Mink coats that I bought at Estate Sales, we are in Georgia she does not need Mink coats but , but when we were young, I made a few promises to her that I'm keeping, Mink coats were 1 of them! I signed up for Estate Sales .com and almost every Thur-Fri , you find them.

Back
Top Bottom