• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everything you ever wanted to know about the AR-15 (but were afraid to ask) FEATURING GREG VESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
BangBang BangBang

What's your left hand doing there???

17B6D04D-1CEB-4DF5-89C7-E4043AC2BA6E.jpeg

Try a Sprinco Green Spring. They are designed to work with that system. An adjustable gas block my be a option as well if your system is over gassed. I am not claiming these options will work but it's a start.
Already have green springs and the rifle is gassed properly.

ETA: AGB are nonsense IMHO. BRT makes a custom tune gas port gas block and can reduce your rifles port size without the introduction of more moving parts. I just installed one on a crap CMMG barrel for a friend and it significantly improved the the violent carrier speeds the rifle was experiencing.

Cannot tell if serious, but the buffer length controls how far the carrier can travel in the receiver. Using a std carbine length buffer in an A5 tube will allow the carrier to over travel and make contact with the lower receiver. Side by side in my LMT lower. Left is the A5 buffer, right is a standard H buffer in the A5 receiver extension.
View attachment 1575859[/QUOTE
From I understand you are not suppose to us a standard carbine buffer in the A5 system. That part is not interchangeable. Only the M16 spring is. The A5 buffer and tube are not interchangeable with M4 parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom