• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback Rant

I contact and negotiate here, and if I haven’t dealt with them or have good feedback, I want to talk to them over the phone before I commit. Text doesn’t portray intent and character.
After that I will confirm via PM.
I don’t really care about how many feedbacks, it’s the interaction that decides it for me.

I haven’t had any bad experiences with low feedback. Probably the opposite. I have seen some people put that they won’t deal with low positive feedback people.

We all started with zero.
I agree, I have done deals with several low to no feedback folks, most with no issue, but this last year has changed my thinking as I have had to leave my first neg a few weeks ago.

I agree, I have done deals with several low to no feedback folks, most with no issue, but this last year has changed my thinking as I have had to leave my first neg a few weeks ago.
So, one problem in seven years of active trading and your going to change what you do because of one?

I have dealt with all walks of life. I learned my lesson a long time ago and set it up thru PM. Then we can text/call.

After driving from Dacula, 30019 to Douglasville, 30135, being ghosted isn't fun
I won't respond to anyone that says "text me at XXX-XXX-XXXX" in the ad and who has no or little good feedback. Many of them are from ATLANTA and I see visions of the Sugar Plum Fairy and Bangers. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

That said, if it's someone outside of ATLANTA and has PM'd me and all that and sets up a meet AND says he has a WCL he'll show, I'll deal with him.

I've kinda stopped focusing on the feedback stats lately..... for a few reasons. One, it seems LEAVING feedback is too much of an inconvenience for some folks. I've had a dirtbag with great stats completely waste an entire afternoon for me by pretending he mixed up the meeting spot. (in reality, he suffered from pre-purchase buyers remorse) Lastly, I've had some awesome transactions with new guys. But, there is always a phone call beforehand. You can tell a lot about a guy from a simple phone call.....

Back
Top Bottom